Eagles fire HC Doug Pederson

.Buzz

I know we aren't gonna fire Roseman this year, even if he deserves it more than Doug did and should've been gone if we were gonna fire Pederson like Lurie just needed to clean house at that point, but he likes Roseman like a son or family member like I said. I liked Howie for a long time. The 2017 offseason was fantastic and helped in a big way to propelling us to our first SB and he was good managing the cap until he was trying to go all in and kept restructuring and giving extensions to players (ex: Alshon Jeffery) he should have known when to walk away from. Just like Pederson I will always appreciate what he did, but at some point Lurie needs to take emotions out of it and just know when to let go of him. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Must be the 3 years of participating in your GDT's and seeing you guys repeatedly call for him to be fired and say he sucks.

Yeah cause that’s what I was doing the past 3 years lol. Doug has a lot of redeeming qualities as a coach but he’s not without his flaws.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah cause that’s what I was doing the past 3 years lol. Doug has a lot of redeeming qualities as a coach but he’s not without his flaws.

a big flaw is losing the respect of your players.

The Eagles sucked, sure, but they could control one thing. eliminate a team from the playoffs.

Edited by Malfatron

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

a big flaw is losing the respect of your players.

The Eagles sucked, sure, but they could control one thing. eliminate a team from the playoffs.

Don’t care about that at all and Doug is a definite players coach. Guys love him and I think the whole Wentz and Pederson thing is definitely more on Carson, especially if all the insider information and chatter is to believed.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Don’t care about that at all and Doug is a definite players coach. Guys love him and I think the whole Wentz and Pederson thing is definitely more on Carson, especially if all the insider information and chatter is to believed.

hurts wasnt too happy. or other players

hes a good coach though and will make some team happy as an OC

i agree wentz is a whiner.

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

Doug hasn't been around the league enough to hire staff. He was in Philly, then in KC for like 2 years, then back to Philly. 

Sometimes you gotta move around the league to meet other coaches 

It seems like his staff got poached and he never replenished the well. 

Edited by N4L

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Must be the 3 years of participating in your GDT's and seeing you guys repeatedly call for him to be fired and say he sucks.

Did I say you specifically? 

17 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I know we aren't gonna fire Roseman this year, even if he deserves it more than Doug did and should've been gone if we were gonna fire Pederson like Lurie just needed to clean house at that point, but he likes Roseman like a son or family member like I said. I liked Howie for a long time. The 2017 offseason was fantastic and helped in a big way to propelling us to our first SB and he was good managing the cap until he was trying to go all in and kept restructuring and giving extensions to players (ex: Alshon Jeffery) he should have known when to walk away from. Just like Pederson I will always appreciate what he did, but at some point Lurie needs to take emotions out of it and just know when to let go of him. 

Its interesting to hear all the local media come out and speak their minds on it. If half the stuff is true about Roseman having say on assistant coaches, and those coaches not listening to Pederson because they are buds with Roseman why would coaches be interested in this opportunity? You look at Pederson who brought them a championship, chip who had 2 winning seasons of the 3 and was let go with a 6-9 record after back to back 10-6 seasons. I know chip got his wish his final year of full control but to drop him after one bad season and then to do that to pederson who went 3 of 4 seasons with a winning record, including 3 seasons of playoffs and a superbowl championship. I know they have some appeal with the roster but between the history of firing coaches because of one down season, howie having say on the coaching staff I just dont see why someone would be willing to take the job with other ones out there.

9 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Its interesting to hear all the local media come out and speak their minds on it. If half the stuff is true about Roseman having say on assistant coaches, and those coaches not listening to Pederson because they are buds with Roseman why would coaches be interested in this opportunity? You look at Pederson who brought them a championship, chip who had 2 winning seasons of the 3 and was let go with a 6-9 record after back to back 10-6 seasons. I know chip got his wish his final year of full control but to drop him after one bad season and then to do that to pederson who went 3 of 4 seasons with a winning record, including 3 seasons of playoffs and a superbowl championship. I know they have some appeal with the roster but between the history of firing coaches because of one down season, howie having say on the coaching staff I just dont see why someone would be willing to take the job with other ones out there.

Chip Kelly was a moron.

He won because of Nick Foles. No other NFL QB won under Chip Kelly and a bunch tried.

He won because of Shady McCoy.

He got rid of both of them.

He was fired because he was a clown.

He went 2-14 in SF the next year and will never coach in the NFL again.

Not one single Eagles fan I know wanted to keep Chip Kelly.

11 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Chip Kelly was a moron.

He won because of Nick Foles. No other NFL QB won under Chip Kelly and a bunch tried.

He won because of Shady McCoy.

He got rid of both of them.

He was fired because he was a clown.

He went 2-14 in SF the next year and will never coach in the NFL again.

Not one single Eagles fan I know wanted to keep Chip Kelly.

It is not just about Chip Kelly its the fact that 3 HC, 2 who took you to superbowls, 1 winning one, all 3 had 1 losing season and they got dumped. Then you hear that Roseman is controlling the coaching staff and had say in all 3 of these coaches being let go. If local Media guys who were players for the team at one point is calling out the organization you don't think these prospective coaches aren't thinking that? I hope you guys get a good coach because you do have some talent on the team and majority of fans hate the Cowboys and never want them to succeed except for Cowboy fans so we are rooting for you in that way but between Howie and Easterby (texans) they are on some form of power trip. I think that is going to hurt the coaching process because of it and preventing strong minded coaches from joining. It will be interesting and like I said I hope they find a good one, good luck with the offseason.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

It is not just about Chip Kelly its the fact that 3 HC, 2 who took you to superbowls, 1 winning one, all 3 had 1 losing season and they got dumped. Then you hear that Roseman is controlling the coaching staff and had say in all 3 of these coaches being let go. If local Media guys who were players for the team at one point is calling out the organization you don't think these prospective coaches aren't thinking that? I hope you guys get a good coach because you do have some talent on the team and majority of fans hate the Cowboys and never want them to succeed except for Cowboy fans so we are rooting for you in that way but between Howie and Easterby (texans) they are on some form of power trip. I think that is going to hurt the coaching process because of it and preventing strong minded coaches from joining. It will be interesting and like I said I hope they find a good one, good luck with the offseason.

The thing about Chip Kelly and Doug Pederson, they were both playcallers. And anyone with eyes could see their offense/playcalling going downhill. Doug Pederson refuses to give up playcalling so he can go. If he was simply in charge of leading the team like a Mike Tomlin, then yea a good argument could be made to keep him around. But the playcalling and offensive scheme is garbage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Aikman said it came down to the QB position. Dougie wanted Hurts, the owner wants to salvage Wentz due to the contract. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/14/troy-aikman-doug-pederson-wanted-jalen-hurts-jeffrey-lurie-wanted-carson-wentz/?partner=Yahoo

Imagine this being the case and the Eagles bring in a defensive minded head coach lol.

This franchise is a mess right now. It could get sorted pretty quickly, but they are in an awful place right now.

• Like 1