Eagles fire HC Doug Pederson

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Imagine this being the case and the Eagles bring in a defensive minded head coach lol.

This franchise is a mess right now. It could get sorted pretty quickly, but they are in an awful place right now.

Sold their souls for that Ship

3 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

He never deserved it tbh.

Sure he did. Whether Foles suggested the play , Frank Reich and others helped create the game plan for the SB. Doug Pederson still called the entire game, brilliantly mind you. It wasn't just that one play, its just the one everyone not just Eagle fans will forever remember. 

For as much crap as he's taken or been given for horrific play calling since (justified), it was Doug that managed to rally the entire team around the Underdog montra post Wentz ACL. Sell it, make players by into it for their SB Run. 

Its deserved 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sure he did. Whether Foles suggested the play , Frank Reich and others helped create the game plan for the SB. Doug Pederson still called the entire game, brilliantly mind you. It wasn't just that one play, its just the one everyone not just Eagle fans will forever remember. 

For as much crap as he's taken or been given for horrific play calling since (justified), it was Doug that managed to rally the entire team around the Underdog montra post Wentz ACL. Sell it, make players by into it for their SB Run. 

Its deserved 

He’s clearly proven to be a bad coach who got lucky once.

On 1/14/2021 at 11:47 AM, minutemancl said:

If I know Eagles fans, and I do, they are 100% ok with that.

I don't blame them.  Obviously I'm not advocating that people literally sell their souls for their team to do well, but if the Vikings had found a way to sell their future for 10-20 years for a single Super Bowl win I would have been all for it. 

For example, I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I remember the days before 1987 with the Minnesota Twins.  It was hard to have much respect for them up until then because they fielded a LOT of lousy teams.  Then they had that magical year in 1987 and won it all with a roster full of real characters.  Then they won another one in 1991.  As a 56 year old, that seems like just yesterday, but the fact is, thirty years have now passed and they haven't been back.  You would think that it would be hard not seeing them back in the World Series, but I've lived on those two great years all this time just fine.  It's why I hope every team in the NFL gets a chance to win a Super Bowl eventually.  It would be nice for every fan to have that thrill among the memories of their life.

The Eagles fans waited a long time, but they finally had their day in the sun.  I hope they are able to savor it forever, no matter what their team does in the future.    

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Opposite. This is my hope for their superbowl memories:

BgpGeNrCUAAQ91a.jpg

xD  That is required of you as a fan of a division rival team.  For me, I'm glad they won one.  I just wish it wouldn't have had to come at the expense of the Vikings being able to play at home for their first Super Bowl win.  That would have been memorable.  Oh well, now I can go on to hope the Eagles never win another game too.  Hahaha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

He’s clearly proven to be a bad coach who got lucky once.

You’d think after seeing so many coaches succeed on their second attempt at a head coaching job fans would wait a little bit before completely writing a coach off.

The fact is Pederson took a team that was widely considered the least likely to win a playoff game much less a super bowl and made it happen. However much credit you want to give to Reich Foles or whoever else is fine, but he’s shown he can get it done even when all odds are against him. I doubt we’ve heard the last from him. 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

xD  That is required of you as a fan of a division rival team.  For me, I'm glad they won one.  I just wish it wouldn't have had to come at the expense of the Vikings being able to play at home for their first Super Bowl win.  That would have been memorable.  Oh well, now I can go on to hope the Eagles never win another game too.  Hahaha.

Whats with the Jags stuff? You their GM in that big mock draft thing or just a huge Trevor fan?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Whats with the Jags stuff? You their GM in that big mock draft thing or just a huge Trevor fan?

I've switched teams.  I'm a Trevor fan, but there were a lot of reasons for the change.  There have been a lot of people asking so I'm going to make a thread tell everybody what's up.

• Like 2

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I've switched teams.  I'm a Trevor fan, but there were a lot of reasons for the change.  There have been a lot of people asking so I'm going to make a thread tell everybody what's up.

You are to old for that!! How much Vikings memorabilia do you have? How many hours dedicated? Will the people around you even accept you now?

And think about @vike daddy. Dude might have a heart attack if you leave him

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are to old for that!! How much Vikings memorabilia do you have? How many hours dedicated? Will the people around you even accept you now?

And think about @vike daddy. Dude might have a heart attack if you leave him

I'll try to answer your questions in the thread I'm making.   I just don't want to keep hijacking other threads talking about myself. 

On 1/14/2021 at 12:36 PM, Chiefer said:

Aikman said it came down to the QB position. Dougie wanted Hurts, the owner wants to salvage Wentz due to the contract. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/14/troy-aikman-doug-pederson-wanted-jalen-hurts-jeffrey-lurie-wanted-carson-wentz/?partner=Yahoo

If this is true - and I don't think Aikman would just make it up  - then Pedersen is better off without them. 

The more that comes out about the way the Eagles operate the worse this job sounds. Who wants to come in to work with a QB who is damaged goods and be micromanaged by both the owner and GM while having basically zero margin for error? 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1