Eagles fire HC Doug Pederson

.Buzz

Not surprising to me at all. So many were quick to blame Wentz, but I think both were equal in the blames department. Pederson is not a good coach. He rode both his coordinators to a Super Bowl Championship. Frank Reich, who had the 5th Ranked Offense that year, and massive success on the Colts so far. And Jim Schwartz, who had the 4th Ranked Defense that year. Many are Schwartz critics and deservedly so, but usually one of his first two years as a DC on a new team yields a Top 5 Defense, before a fall off. 

If Pederson deserves credit on one thing though, he made two terrific coordinator hires that resulted in a Super Bowl Championship. 

• Like 1

Daboll sounds right to me.

I think this came down to will you fire these people and make this plan and Doug disagreeing.

I thank him for the Super Bowl but he also did enough wrong that this is not some unfair tragedy.

• His insistence on slow delay plays on 3rd and short had me yelling at the TV for 4 years. (one example)
  • Like 1

They should still trade Carson, but I could see now how they would keep him under the guise that its more likely to fix him now. Personally I think the team is just screwed and he's not going to get better there, but I do like his chances of getting right slightly more now.