Eagles fire HC Doug Pederson

.Buzz

8 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You fix Wentz or develop Hurts, nail that #6 pick, get Brooks, Johnson, and Dillard back and they could push for 10 wins.

• Sanders is a stud at RB
  • Cox is a beast
  • Slay is a solid #1 CB
  • They nailed it in picking up Fulgham and Singleton.
  • Goedert is a solid #1 TE

This is not a low talent team.

They do have some serious cap wrangling to do.

• DeSean Jackson will be gone.
  • Ertz could be traded (Jets?)

I hope Kelce plays another year but he's been considering retirement for a while.

On the flip side, you've got a giant and expensive question mark at QB and you're coming into what looks like an extremely dysfunctional organization led by a GM who has already run multiple coaches out of town. It's an aging, lopsided roster that probably needs a hard reset, so if they're demanding someone to come in and win right away then this is a real poisoned chalice. 

There are only 32 of these jobs to go around so somebody will end up jumping at this opportunity but any coach who has options is probably looking elsewhere this offseason. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

This is what happens when your team is a complete mess and your coaching recommendations are to.... promote the people you have a bring back your old DB coach who got fired as a potential DC. He actually wanted Press Taylor as his OC????????

Guy wanted out. End of story.

I like all the hate Pederson is getting its not that Roseman was behind the benching of hurts to get the better draft pick 🙄 then he got to throw Pederson under the bus too. People want to blame Pederson but he was the one who picked up this squad that Chip Kelly and Roseman destroyed. Chip was the one thrown under the bus after all those awful moves, now Pederson in any way to make himself look like the good guy. I mean a depleted oline and lack of overall weapons for Carson Wentz to fail was Pederson's fault and nothing to do with the bad draft picks and bloated contracts that howie gave out. No excuses made for Pederson as this was a bad season but 3 years removed from a Superbowl that he put together even with his franchise qb injured seems to be ridiculous as more coaches lasted longer for doing a lot less. I do not see the eagles getting any better with a new coaching staff, as they still have bloated contract, mediocre talent, and no room to make any changes without having to do a complete rebuild. Pederson will likely latch on to an OC job and I am sure that he will get a shot at HC job in the future well before this Eagles team is turned around. Howie good luck trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat by finding a HC who is willing to take on this sqaud knowing they are 75 mil over the projected cap for 2021. Eagles fans you deserve better then this GM as he should be gone as well.

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

I like all the hate Pederson is getting its not that Roseman was behind the benching of hurts to get the better draft pick 🙄 then he got to throw Pederson under the bus too. People want to blame Pederson but he was the one who picked up this squad that Chip Kelly and Roseman destroyed. Chip was the one thrown under the bus after all those awful moves, now Pederson in any way to make himself look like the good guy. I mean a depleted oline and lack of overall weapons for Carson Wentz to fail was Pederson's fault and nothing to do with the bad draft picks and bloated contracts that howie gave out. No excuses made for Pederson as this was a bad season but 3 years removed from a Superbowl that he put together even with his franchise qb injured seems to be ridiculous as more coaches lasted longer for doing a lot less. I do not see the eagles getting any better with a new coaching staff, as they still have bloated contract, mediocre talent, and no room to make any changes without having to do a complete rebuild. Pederson will likely latch on to an OC job and I am sure that he will get a shot at HC job in the future well before this Eagles team is turned around. Howie good luck trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat by finding a HC who is willing to take on this sqaud knowing they are 75 mil over the projected cap for 2021. Eagles fans you deserve better then this GM as he should be gone as well.

I am not massive Howie supporter but this isn't very accurate at all. Chip Kelly was the GM when he got fired. He was the one that trashed the roster. Howie wasn't drafting or making trades, he was just doing the finance side of the business. This is well documented and not some unknown thing.

Pederson wasn't a good coach the past three years, full stop. Our team got worse, players that we drafted played terrible here and went elsewhere and improved, our offense went from one of the best in the NFL to slow, boring, and bad.

I honestly do hope the get rid of Howie, but there is definitely some positives about this team for the next coach. We will have a chance at a QB in the draft and maybe someone thinks they can fix Wentz. We do have talent in important areas and some solid young players. The cap is bad but there are options to deal with it. People saying this job is as bad as the Texans are just wrong. We have assets, even if they are flawed.

• Like 3