Doug Pederson Fired

DeSean Jackson

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Supposedly he's been influencing our draft picks and has a connection with Howie. Would be cool to get him but I doubt he comes too. The story I just read leads me to believe he needs to get his butt here and fix our team for influencing some iffy picks

What connection do he and Howie have and how has he been influencing our draft picks? 

If he actually has been influencing our draft picks, that should another nail in the coffin for Howie. 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't believe that frankly. Riley has no impact on what players our team takes. Of course a college coach is going to hype up their guys, the higher their players get drafted the more appealing it is for new young talent they're recruiting. Even if this is the case, Riley's under no obligation to do anything for us. 

I mean I know he's has no obligation. Was jokingly saying he needs to come fix us. 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

What connection do he and Howie have and how has he been influencing our draft picks? 

If he actually has been influencing our draft picks, that should another nail in the coffin for Howie. 

“In fact, he and general manager Howie Roseman have a good relationship and it was a consult with Riley that helped sway the Eagles to draft both Jalen Reagor and Jalen Hurts, per sources

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

The link also said Howie liked Jefferson and someone else but I guess Riley's convo talked him into what we picked. It's hard to believe and not at the same time lol I can see Howie being that dumb but then I think he can't really be that dumb can he?

It's hard to believe but if it's true that's a terrible look on Howie/our FO. 

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

It's hard to believe but if it's true that's a terrible look on Howie/our FO. 

I agree that it's hard to believe but as they say if there's smoke...

Whoever posted that link please repost it.

I found the link. Posted a quote from it below and added the link

Roseman and the Eagles have cultivated a good relationship with Riley, who is one of the nation’s top college coaches. Two years ago, the Eagles were considering drafting Oklahoma offensive tackle Orlando Brown in the second round, but viewed him as more of a right tackle than a left tackle, and they weren’t really interested in moving Lane Johnson back to the left side at this stage of his career. Riley agreed with their assessment of Brown and the Eagles ended up drafting tight end Dallas Goedert, who has quickly emerged as one of the league’s top all-around tight ends. [...] Riley even had some influence in the Eagles’ decision to take TCU wide receiver Jalen Reagor in the first round. Riley had recruited Reagor when he was a high school star at Waxahachie (Texas) High School. His team also played against him for three years in the Big 12. He spoke glowingly of him to Eagles scouts when they talked to him about [Jalen] Hurts. He indicated that Reagor would’ve been a 100-catch-a-year receiver in Oklahoma’s offense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2021/1/12/22226317/lincoln-riley-eagles-news-nfl-oklahoma-ou-head-coach-doug-pederson-vacancy-job-philadelphia-football

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Roseman and the Eagles have cultivated a good relationship with Riley, who is one of the nation’s top college coaches. Two years ago, the Eagles were considering drafting Oklahoma offensive tackle Orlando Brown in the second round, but viewed him as more of a right tackle than a left tackle, and they weren’t really interested in moving Lane Johnson back to the left side at this stage of his career. Riley agreed with their assessment of Brown and the Eagles ended up drafting tight end Dallas Goedert, who has quickly emerged as one of the league’s top all-around tight ends. [...] Riley even had some influence in the Eagles’ decision to take TCU wide receiver Jalen Reagor in the first round. Riley had recruited Reagor when he was a high school star at Waxahachie (Texas) High School. His team also played against him for three years in the Big 12. He spoke glowingly of him to Eagles scouts when they talked to him about [Jalen] Hurts. He indicated that Reagor would’ve been a 100-catch-a-year receiver in Oklahoma’s offense.

Maybe we should stay away from Riley - isn't Orlando Brown playing pretty good as the Ravens LT right now? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't believe that frankly. Riley has no impact on what players our team takes. Of course a college coach is going to hype up their guys, the higher their players get drafted the more appealing it is for new young talent they're recruiting. Even if this is the case, Riley's under no obligation to do anything for us. 

Do you guys have a bunch of OU guys I am blanking on? Hurts, obviously. 

This is where my lack of watching NCAA bites me in the rear. 

14 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2021/1/12/22226317/lincoln-riley-eagles-news-nfl-oklahoma-ou-head-coach-doug-pederson-vacancy-job-philadelphia-football

Am I missing something? This just sounds like regular scouting. I guess your scouts just put more faith in his advice??