Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Shocked it happened, but really seemed to boil over there at the end.

Appreciate Doug for getting us the Super Bowl. Will never forget that season.

But as a HC he was so limited and really was questionable from the start. He proved people wrong but one of his best traits was supposed to be “emotional intelligence” and being a culture guy...and that all went downhill this year and was crumbling each year since the SB. We all knew he wasn’t the smartest or most creative coach, him becoming more rigid and not being so open to things coincided with us going downhill.

This seemed to have been a Doug or Carson move and Foug didn’t give a compelling enough reason to win that. But who knows, maybe Carson still pushes to leave too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

yeah, he wanted to quit after they fired Groh. 

I must of missed that somehow. No idea how lol I stay reading eagles 6ers and Phillies news. That should of told Lurie everything he needed to know then

Instead he stood pat and let Doug break our franchise QB this year

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also say our two most likely outcomes at QB will be Carson or a new QB high in the draft. Maybe a QB drops to us at 6 or we move up to 3 to grab one, but I just don't see a new HC putting all his eggs in the Hurts basket in his first year here. Maybe that does happen but that would be very surprising to me from what I saw. I expect an open chance for whoever is here, but the new guy will want his QB or think he can fix Carson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, elevators_rule said:

Pretty shocking to me.

I'm definitely in the minority, and not trying to flame, but I really don't think Pederson was the issue. After this move, I don't see the Eagles getting any better for 3-5 years in all honesty.

The said the same before we hired Doug. Our division blows so you never really know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, elevators_rule said:

Pretty shocking to me.

I'm definitely in the minority, and not trying to flame, but I really don't think Pederson was the issue. After this move, I don't see the Eagles getting any better for 3-5 years in all honesty.

They weren't getting any better under Pederson either. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, elevators_rule said:

Pretty shocking to me.

I'm definitely in the minority, and not trying to flame, but I really don't think Pederson was the issue. After this move, I don't see the Eagles getting any better for 3-5 years in all honesty.

Offense went down the pooper after Reich left and Doug hasn't developed a single player on the offensive side of the ball.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I would also say our two most likely outcomes at QB will be Carson or a new QB high in the draft. Maybe a QB drops to us at 6 or we move up to 3 to grab one, but I just don't see a new HC putting all his eggs in the Hurts basket in his first year here. Maybe that does happen but that would be very surprising to me from what I saw. I expect an open chance for whoever is here, but the new guy will want his QB or think he can fix Carson.

If it's not Fields then I rather go with Wentz or Hurts. That's just me tho. I know a few people on here think Fields won't be great

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

If it's not Fields then I rather go with Wentz or Hurts. That's just me tho. I know a few people on here think Fields won't be great

I'd prefer Zach WIlson over Fields

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Danger featured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...