Doug Pederson Fired

DeSean Jackson

I'm late....

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

As the maker of the most tragic overhyping thread of this years Eagles team.... I feel obligated to weigh in on this.

First, the only thing I'll say that I don't like here is that Pederson is gonna end up being the scapegoat here.

I do think firing him was the right move, but I would've fired Howie Roseman as well. He didn't get the job done drafting. We haven't been as successful in FA since that 2017 offseason that led to the SB. Our training staffs have consistently not been able to keep players healthy and put us right at the bottom of the league for injuries/health. All his restructures and bad moves turned what was a contending window into a huge mess and bleak future.

Only reason Roseman will keep his job is cause the owner Lurie is very close to him and probably even views him almost like a son.

Don't get it twisted though. Pederson definitely while being a great guy and good player coach has failed offensively. At times there is almost no creativity. He couldn't get the screen game right despite having the athletes/OL to do it. His offense was just boring and he would often get away from running the ball despite having one of the best backs in the league. He often times especially early on this season didn't put Wentz in the best positions to succeed. There is a lot. Also, the rumor has always been that he isn't good at coaching his coaches and keeping on them when they are failing to do their job.

Also, Wentz as a player doesn't have as much blame as the HC and GM, even if he did turn into a pumpkin this season. Still he has a lot of blame himself and while the word on Doug was that he wasn't good at managing his coaches.... the word on Wentz from people in the know was that he didn't take to coaching and was stubborn. Maybe if he took to coaching like he did back when Reich and Defilippo were his offensive coordinator and quarterback coach respectively he wouldn't have had to worry about looking over his shoulder at Hurts and could've had a good season with tighter mechanics and a confidence in himself and his abilities, but alas.... that wasn't the case.

I just wanted to blow up the whole thing after this season which is a sentiment I think a lot of other Eagles fans out there hold.

So, there you have it.... a brief synopsis of my thoughts on this situation. 

full

Posted this in the NFL News thread. Don't feel like typing out my intial thoughts again.

I hope we find the right guy. I don't care if its a offensive or defensive coach. I'd prefer offense for someone who can develop Hurts and be a great play caller that we won't have to replace any time we have a good season, but just get the best candidate no matter what.

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Wish they seen what you seen. Ngata was an Animal. Was cool to have him even if it was at the very end of his career

They probably did see, but Ngata went 2 picks before us. Thought the Browns would take Bunk with the next pick and was happy he slid to us, but man I wanted Ngata.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Lincoln Riley or Joe Brady. Riley isn't going to happen though. But with Lurie looking for the future, and wanting Harrell last year I can see him wanting a young offensive mind

With the way things went down with Doug I'll be very surprised if we get one of the top targets. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

With the way things went down with Doug I'll be very surprised if we get one of the top targets. 

Brady already had like 3 interviews and hasn't been offered a gig yet. We might be able to get him. He's my top choice, so I'd be thrilled.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, DeSean Jackson said:

I think we’re more attractive then you guys think, top 10 pick two good qbs a great OLINE starting Rb and te, good defense line. I think we can say next year is going to be a rebuilding year but then the year after we should be good

One broken QB, and another who is a complete mystery. I think it really depends if we can get a good offensive mind here.

If we can somehow get a good prodigy running this offense, fix Wentz, draft Chase, then things will be looking pretty.

Also, since Doug is gone, I'm zooming in on "We need to trade Zach." and "JP for the love of god retire already"

I was on the fire Doug train but this is still bitter sweet, especially as these reports come out about how the FO was kind of against him since day 2. Either way, he’s an offensive coach who failed to to put a good offense on the field for the past 3 years. It was time to go. Shame Howie did not go with him. Who is going to want to coach here after the way our FO treated Doug and looking at our bleak future?

2 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I think we’re more attractive then you guys think, top 10 pick two good qbs a great OLINE starting Rb and te, good defense line. I think we can say next year is going to be a rebuilding year but then the year after we should be good

All the cap room we have to improve a roster that is seriously depleted of talent. Also, a GM that doesn't interfere with every head coach we've had and does his best to draft the best players available. 

...oh wait