Doug Pederson Fired

DeSean Jackson

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

All the cap room we have to improve a roster that is seriously depleted of talent. Also, a GM that doesn't interfere with every head coach we've had and does his best to draft the best players available. 

...oh wait

He didn't really interfere with Chip. Also you can tell that Chip had a large control over the draft from his first season here. We were drafting all the PAC-12 players he knew. I'm very well convinced that Doug and Chip both had a big say on who we drafted, even if Howie had the final call most of the time.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm very well convinced that Doug and Chip both had a big say on who we drafted, even if Howie had the final call most of the time.

I'm sure they had a say but it's ultimately, like you said, up to Howie who we draft and that hasn't gone well for us. 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

He didn't really interfere with Chip.

Howie and Chip had issues when Howie was the GM - that's how the downfall of the Chip Kelly era began, much like the downfall of the Pederson era. 

I remember a question that was occasionally asked: "Would you rather have a team that wins a Super Bowl then becomes trash forever, or a team that's always good and never wins a Super Bowl?"

I'm perfectly fine with the dysfunction that's to follow. Thanks for you time, Doug. This had to be done, but hopefully no one ever lets you buy your own beer when you're in town.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

All the cap room we have to improve a roster that is seriously depleted of talent. Also, a GM that doesn't interfere with every head coach we've had and does his best to draft the best players available. 

...oh wait

Yeah this year will be about taking the dead cap hits, that's why I said two year rebuild. 

• Like 1

Just now, DeSean Jackson said:

Yeah this year will be about taking the dead cap hits, that's why I said two year rebuild. 

I can't see any of the top targets wanting to come to a rebuild. That's why I think we miss on the top 3 - unless you have other top targets outside of Daboll, Smith and Brady. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

I can't see any of the top targets wanting to come to a rebuild. That's why I think we miss on the top 3 - unless you have other top targets outside of Daboll, Smith and Brady. 

Big market, thinks Wentz is salvagable or gets Howie to commit to drafting a QB. Great oline top draft pick, Lurie was regarded as a great owner, Eagles is a great franchise. Normally Howie has been regarded as a good GM, just needs to have somebody by his side.

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Will the new coach have emotional intelligence? 

I want someone focused on speed, culture and smoothies, does that sound like someone we might be interested in?

Edited by T-rade