Doug Pederson Fired

DeSean Jackson

So when does Lurie just announce that Howie is the HC too?

As for the QB situation, I think it has to be that they are rolling with Wentz. You don’t trade up in the draft and spend $100M on a guy and then not fire the GM, if he flops.  Howie’s future has to be tied to Wentz. 

2 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

So when does Lurie just announce that Howie is the HC too?

As for the QB situation, I think it has to be that they are rolling with Wentz. You don’t trade up in the draft and spend $100M on a guy and then not fire the GM, if he flops.  Howie’s future has to be tied to Wentz. 

We'll get a new HC, Wentz will have this season to redeem himself, if not, we'll go get a new guy in the draft.

The thing that bugs me about his Howie evaluation is he keeps talking about how you have to evaluate who got picked right before our picks and factor that in when we passed over DK Metcalf and Jefferson for different WRs..........

I get standing by your guy but don't feed me crap.

I posted this in the news forum in response to Doug wanting out because he doesn’t want to be told what to do:

“The irony is that Pederson was only hired In the first place so that Howie and Lurie could tell him what to do and influence his coaching staff. He had zero credentials to be hired as a HC in the NFL, he was literally coaching HS like 2 years prior.  The SB win was the best and worst thing for him, it went straight to his head. “

Maybe winning the SB earned him some autonomy, but clearly that wasn’t going to happen with Howie as the GM. Also, when given the ability to hire his own staff, the team regressed substantially, so as bad as Howie has been personnel wise, it hard to justify Doug having autonomy. 

5 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

My Wish list:

1) Arthur Smith

1A) Brandon Staley... Firm believer if you are a really good defensive coach, you know what type of offense is toughest to defend.

2) Brian Daboll

3) Kevin O'Connell

4) Joe Brady

5) Josh McDaniels

After what I just witnessed against the Ravens... hard pass on Arthur Smith. 

Wow, what are the chances Doug Pederson is a head coach next year in the NFL.  I think very high.  Surprised he was fired, got the team their only Super Bowl victory ever, think that at least deserves one more season after a Pandemic, I guess not.