BROWNS/CHIEFS GDT - WE'RE PLAYOFF WINNERS <INSERT RICK FLAIR WOO HERE>

DefinitelyAGhost

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not saying I believe in any consolation prize, it sucks that we lost. I’m just saying that to think that this was one of the final eight teams, almost final four, with us having probably a bottom five defense, shows how far we stretched this team to their limits to even get to this point.

Good point. Its impressive, I just wanted more considering it was there for the taking.

If we got waxed 38-14 by Mahomes dominating all game I would be fine. But we were given a golden ticket the second half and failed to take advantage. That's why I'm so hot right now over it.

• Like 1

I think next season is going to be special. This team knows what they could do. They had the champs on the rope and didn’t capitalize. This is like rocky 1. Let this fuel them. Let Berry work his Magic to Improve the defense and let’s run it back. 

biggest positive is we know Baker is our franchise QB. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think next season is going to be special. This team knows what they could do. They had the champs on the rope and didn’t capitalize. This is like rocky 1. Let this fuel them. Let Berry work his Magic to Improve the defense and let’s run it back. 

biggest positive is we know Baker is our franchise QB. 

Thank you 

• Like 1

Man, were we spoiled by Joe T. Blake Hance did an admirable job filling in after Lamm went down, but how soft is Wills that he couldn't tough out this game? Maybe that's unrealistic, but Joe was really something else

Edited by kayelcio

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We won 14-3 without Mahomes. We lost this game in the first half, period. 💯 of us knew we’d lose if we only scored 3 points in the first half, and all of us would have bet on it.

We only scored 7 after Mahomes went out. It was 19-10 and they just convernted a 4th and 1 when he got hurt. Their next 4th and 1 they kicked a FG, might not have been a different result with Mahomes.

The Henne pick is the big difference, the other two drives ended in points and the end of the game. Even with the pick we went 3 and out and punted it back and never saw the ball again.

The Higgins fumble was the biggest factor in the game. We had a chance to recover and Higgins played well otherwise we just couldn't capitalize. We probably should have went for it on 4th and 9 and if we didn't convert maybe hold the Chiefs to a long FG that could have went either way.

Not gonna second guess too much though. The long Henne run gave them the chance to end the game on offense, even though there was a huge hold as he went around the line that I was certain would get called, it wasn't and that was game.

It was a good season, hopefully we improve and make it back to the postseason next year. It was good to see Baker remain Baker on the big stage through 2 playoff games so at least that is something we shouldn't have to be concerned about.

Lets give it another go next year and maybe we can have some balance on defense and they can even carry us to wins here and there. We needed the offense to do great to win this one and they were good but a mistake here and a stall there made it an L. We knew this was possible, KC has some crazy playmakers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We only scored 7 after Mahomes went out. It was 19-10 and they just convernted a 4th and 1 when he got hurt. Their next 4th and 1 they kicked a FG, might not have been a different result with Mahomes.

The Henne pick is the big difference, the other two drives ended in points and the end of the game. Even with the pick we went 3 and out and punted it back and never saw the ball again.

The Higgins fumble was the biggest factor in the game. We had a chance to recover and Higgins played well otherwise we just couldn't capitalize. We probably should have went for it on 4th and 9 and if we didn't convert maybe hold the Chiefs to a long FG that could have went either way.

Not gonna second guess too much though. The long Henne run gave them the chance to end the game on offense, even though there was a huge hold as he went around the line that I was certain would get called, it wasn't and that was game.

It was a good season, hopefully we improve and make it back to the postseason next year. It was good to see Baker remain Baker on the big stage through 2 playoff games so at least that is something we shouldn't have to be concerned about.

Lets give it another go next year and maybe we can have some balance on defense and they can even carry us to wins here and there. We needed the offense to do great to win this one and they were good but a mistake here and a stall there made it an L. We knew this was possible, KC has some crazy playmakers.

Difference is Higgins play.  Not the reason we lost but a big play. 

So happy we have our offense coming back and good Defense added next year let’s see what happens.  Not mad just disappointed we didn’t score on our last drive.  Reid knew the game was over if we got the ball back. Great play calling on his end. 

4 minutes ago, kayelcio said:

Man, were we spoiled by Joe T. Blake Hance did an admirable job filling in after Lamm went down, but how soft is Wills that he couldn't tough out this game? Maybe that's unrealistic, but Joe was really something else

I mean, I wouldn't call him soft when we have no idea how serious his injury is. OL did a good job in pass protection overall, but we were definitely missing Wills since we were often double teaming or chipping guys that Lamm and Hance were blocking. I'm sure it altered our play calling to some extent.

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I mean, I wouldn't call him soft when we have no idea how serious his injury is. OL did a good job in pass protection overall, but we were definitely missing Wills since we were often double teaming or chipping guys that Lamm and Hance were blocking. I'm sure it altered our play calling to some extent.

Soft might be hyperbolic, I'm just thinking back to Joe playing though high ankle sprains and really more emphasizing how amazing Joe was

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Wills not being out there dint make a difference. 

The biggest issue were the pre season injuries to our dbs, greedy and delphit. 

If we could have manned up more ot would have been great.

If we had a single player in the back half that could be a weekly difference maker it would be great but the Browns LBs and secondary are horrible for many reasons.

Nobody can tackle, especially the LBs. No safety is a weekly playmaker and outside of Ward there isnt a CB that can play man coverage.

We need faster players who can play downhill and tackle. Get more aggressive.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Higgins was the only WR who showed up. Njoku did too. Jarvis did nothing. Austin Hooper did nothing too. Nick needs to hit the jugs machine.

Just looking forward to hopefully a more normal offseason.

i would not say Hooper did nothing, in fact I give him catch of the game...but he certainly could of done more 

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Austin Hooper did nothing too. Nick needs to hit the jugs machine.

He also made a game saving 4th down catch that led to a TD.

In hindsight, Stefanski is absolutely the man, but deferring and then playing from behind all game was one he would probably like to have back. We only got 3 1st half possessions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He also made a game saving 4th down catch that led to a TD.

In hindsight, Stefanski is absolutely the man, but deferring and then playing from behind all game was one he would probably like to have back. We only got 3 1st half possessions.

Yeah, its hard to use the run game when your constantly playing from behind 8 mins into the game.

If your built on the run, you should 100% try and get the ball first