BROWNS/CHIEFS GDT - WE'RE PLAYOFF WINNERS <INSERT RICK FLAIR WOO HERE>

DefinitelyAGhost

19 minutes ago, bruceb said:

We were sloppy, made mistakes and showed little energy.

It was like someone let the air out of our tires, across the board.

They played tight and worried. 

last week, everyone counted them out and they had nothing to lose. So they played loose and relax. It was the opposite this week. Only player that didn’t look like the moment was too big was Baker and Hunt and 2nd half Chubb 

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

last week, everyone counted them out and they had nothing to lose. So they played loose and relax. It was the opposite this week.

We were even more a dog in Vegas this week.

Game just had a bad feel, starting with Stefanski's decision to defer.

1 minute ago, Don Roshi said:

How can deferring be viewed as a negative? It's demonstratively neutral at worst.

What was the point?

Challenge one of the top offenses in the league to show us what they can do, which they did?

Like spotting them 7 points.

I would not have put the ball in their hands.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

What was the point?

Challenge one of the top offenses in the league to show us what they can do, which they did?

Well they get to take that possession to start the third. Deferring cost us nothing. Higgins going balls to the wall was what cost us. That and the dropped passes by Chubb. Those were our first-half deficiencies.

KC still have their offence whether we defer or not.

Edited by Don Roshi

11 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Well they get to take that possession to start the third. Deferring cost us nothing. Higgins going balls to the wall was what cost us. That and the dropped passes by Chubb. Those were our first-half deficiencies.

KC still have their offence whether we defer or not.

The difference is that the Browns offense is built to play in close games or with a lead. It is not built to be pass happy and play from behind. The whole offense is built on the run game to setup the pass. When you get down by 10-14 points in the first QTR because you deferred the kickoff it forces you to play outside of your own game the rest of the game.

The Browns couldnt get their run game going because they were too busy trying to climb out of a 2-3 possession deficit.

They really need to take the ball on opening kickoff and try to get a quick lead every game so it allows the entire offense to function 100%

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The difference is that the Browns offense is built to play in close games or with a lead. It is not built to be pass happy and play from behind. The whole offense is built on the run game to setup the pass. When you get down by 10-14 points in the first QTR because you deferred the kickoff it forces you to play outside of your own game the rest of the game.

The Browns couldnt get their run game going because they were too busy trying to climb out of a 2-3 possession deficit.

They really need to take the ball on opening kickoff and try to get a quick lead every game so it allows the entire offense to function 100%

It wouldn't have made a difference in the slightest. It didn't feel over by half-time, as we knew we were having the ball to start the third. It's just neutral at worst. Deferring did nothing whereas drops and turnovers certainly did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

What was the point?

whats more demoralizing. Allowing the top offense to score when you kick to them to start the game or watching them score right before half, while knowing they will get the ball right back to start the 3rd?

you defer because you at least have your game plan set up to potentially stop them that first drive and after that they could adjust to it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, buno67 said:

whats more demoralizing. 1. Allowing the top offense to score when you kick to them to start the game or 2. watching them score right before half, while knowing they will get the ball right back to start the 3rd?

you defer because you at least have your game plan set up to potentially stop them that first drive and after that they could adjust to it. 

Don't think it makes a difference when put that way since in both scenarios your D isn't stopping them.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Don't think it makes a difference when put that way since in both scenarios your D isn't stopping them.

Idk I rather see them score to start the game and the browns score to start the 2nd half. At least halftime can stop momentum  and you can gain it for the 2nd half. Browns had the momentum in the 2nd half because they came out and scored. Idk about you but when we saw Mahomes go out and Henne throw the pick, I thought we were going down and scoring to take the lead but than Stef puckered his butthole

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Idk about you but when we saw Mahomes go out and Henne throw the pick, I thought we were going down and scoring to take the lead but than Stef puckered his butthole

Agree, but I also do not think anyone on the team really stepped up.

Chubb had a pedestrian 68 yards and Mayfield a 74.8 QB rating, I think.

Almost like we lost the toughness and determination we showed against PIT and got physically overwhelmed.