2020 Divisional Round: (5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers at (2) New Orleans Saints

BayRaider

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs New Orleans Saints  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • New Orleans Saints

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/17/2021 at 08:05 PM

10 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

How often does a team lose three games to the same team in one season? Wasn't there a Jaguars team that once went 14-2, with both losses being to Tennessee, and the lost in the play-offs to Tennessee as well?

ESPN had a stat up that kind of debunks the whole "it's hard to beat a team 3x in a season". It happens more often than people think. Most recent was when the Saints beat the Panthers 3x I believe. 

I'm more worried about beating Brady 3x in a row. Saints handed Brady the worst loss of his career. You know he's going to want revenge in a major way.

21 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

How often does a team lose three games to the same team in one season? Wasn't there a Jaguars team that once went 14-2, with both losses being to Tennessee, and the lost in the play-offs to Tennessee as well?

The team who is 2-0 wins the third game 67% of the time

• Like 1

I think this game is different though, Bucs have figured some things out since those losses.  All they really have to do is keep Brady clean.  Those receivers can get open, and were open last time.  It just comes down to our pass rush vs their protection.

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

The team who is 2-0, is 20-12 in the third game. 

And without fail, you hear “teams don’t usually win the third game if they won the first two” narrative by fans. People are mass betting on the Bucs because of that, as expected. Not looking good for the Bucs. Vegas usually takes everyones shirt in this situation. 

I think Tampa pulls this off basically because their offense has really started to pop their last 5 games, now I know their competition hasn't been the greatest but A.B is working well and that is a scary thing considering they also have Evans, Godwin, Gronk, and Brate. I will be interested to see how disciplined they are in this game though, dumb penalties could cost them in the end

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The team who is 2-0, is 20-12 in the third game. 

And without fail, you hear “teams don’t usually win the third game if they won the first two” narrative by fans. People are mass betting on the Bucs because of that, as expected. Not looking good for the Bucs. Vegas usually takes everyones shirt in this situation. 

Oh I know that stat. We heard it to the point of sickness a few seasons back when the Saints swept the Panthers and then played them in the playoffs. I am talking about sweeping the division going 6-0 and then winning against a division rival to go 7 wins against your division.

I learned something the other day. Teams that won twice against an opponent in the regular season have a 75% chance to win their playoff game against the same opponent. So dont let the “it’s difficult to beat a team three times” wivestale result in lost money. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I learned something the other day. Teams that won twice against an opponent in the regular season have a 75% chance to win their playoff game against the same opponent. So dont let the “it’s difficult to beat a team three times” wivestale result in lost money. 

I remember when we beat the Panthers twice in the regular season and again in the playoffs a few years ago. It didn't seem all that rare, but I don't remember it being 75%.

If you can beat a team twice (handily), you have a pretty decent shot at beating them a third time. There's no hocus pocus.  

There is however Tom Brady, which might be more dangerous.