Will Tomlin start to feel any heat after playoff loss?

Uncle Buck

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Considering the track record Steelers players have doing this type of stuff, I would have to think they are being enabled by their coach. I think Tomlin really instills that level of confidence/cocky arrogance in all of his players. You know the whole 'teams take on the personality of their coach' thing? Yeah.

ALSO. Inback-to-back weeks Ohio football teams have had 1) Dabo throwing shade at OSU by saying they were 11th, then the Buckeyes smoked Clemson. 2) Juju saying the Browns are the Browns, then they got smoked.

Lets all hope that Nick Saban and Travis Kelce mouth off a little bit.

It takes a special kind of coach to cheat on live national TV & then get away lying about it.

People love making excuses for Tomlin.

People keep bringing up that we went 12-4.    Who cares about an 11-0 start when your team finishes the season 1-5, and plays like a bortom 10 team to finish the season?  

Also, he is 3-6 in the playoffs over the last 10 years.   You guys can hate on Ben...and he absolutely deserves blame too...but Tomlin teams rarely ever play 4 quarters of quality football, hence why this team constantly plays down to competition.

Tomlin isnt a terrible coach...he has his good qualities...but calling him a "top coach" is laughable, and spoken like someone who doesnt actually know what they're talking about.   A top coach learns from past mistakes and grows from it.  

To all the Tomlin bootlickers....what area has he notably improved in as a coach over the last decade?   If anything, his flaws and shortcomings have become worse and gotten more exposed...and he continues to do the same things every year, and gives stupid soundbytes and quotes like "we dont live in our fears"   and "The standard is the standard".

I think Tomlin could help another team....but I think he has hit his ceiling in Pittsburgh.   He isnt the only problem by any stretch...but people acting like he isnt a problem are absolutely clueless.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Considering the track record Steelers players have doing this type of stuff, I would have to think they are being enabled by their coach. I think Tomlin really instills that level of confidence/cocky arrogance in all of his players. You know the whole 'teams take on the personality of their coach' thing? Yeah.

100%. The false bravado and tough guy act is clearly a staple of the Tomlin era Steelers and it obviously trickles down from him.

22 minutes ago, 43M said:

People love making excuses for Tomlin.

People keep bringing up that we went 12-4.    Who cares about an 11-0 start when your team finishes the season 1-5, and plays like a bortom 10 team to finish the season?  

Also, he is 3-6 in the playoffs over the last 10 years.   You guys can hate on Ben...and he absolutely deserves blame too...but Tomlin teams rarely ever play 4 quarters of quality football, hence why this team constantly plays down to competition.

Tomlin isnt a terrible coach...he has his good qualities...but calling him a "top coach" is laughable, and spoken like someone who doesnt actually know what they're talking about.   A top coach learns from past mistakes and grows from it.  

To all the Tomlin bootlickers....what area has he notably improved in as a coach over the last decade?   If anything, his flaws and shortcomings have become worse and gotten more exposed...and he continues to do the same things every year, and gives stupid soundbytes and quotes like "we dont live in our fears"   and "The standard is the standard".

I think Tomlin could help another team....but I think he has hit his ceiling in Pittsburgh.   He isnt the only problem by any stretch...but people acting like he isnt a problem are absolutely clueless.

I do like him but I struggle to identify his thing, or what he's known for. It's been a mostly very talented roster over the last 10 years, and the playoff results aren't good enough. I imagine it must be infuriating to constantly play down to opposition. 

33 minutes ago, 43M said:

This passes the smell test, I can buy this.

16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

100%. The false bravado and tough guy act is clearly a staple of the Tomlin era Steelers and it obviously trickles down from him.

I mean, that much is obvious. James Harrison said as much on ESPN a couple of years ago.

The question is whether a season like this, when the players were showing such a lack of personal discipline WHILE THE TEAM COLLAPSED is going to prompt him to make any changes in his approach. 

• Like 1

Rooney, Colbert, and Ben should come into agreement that he comes back for the last year on his contract and walk away from the game after that.  

This is definitely the end for him, but we should draft a QB in the first round and Ben can act as a mentor in the same vein that Eli Manning did with Daniel Jones. 

Tomlin needs to be ousted right away.  

He's directly responsible for the incomplete team that the Pittsburgh Steelers have become.  

Why did he think he could go the whole season with a passing attack with no running game?  How stupid do you have to be?  

That's not Ben's fault.  That's not Colbert's fault.  Hell, that's not even "fart in a skillet" Fichtner's fault.  

If Tomlin would have addressed the multiple issues on offense earlier, we wouldn't have even had to face Cleveland.  

And, if Rooney wants to promote his coaches from lower levels to the coordinator positions, that doesn't mean Tomlin isn't responsible for keeping them in check.  

But, this isn't the first time Tomlin has had an incomplete team.   If one season, we have  a stellar offense and a swiss cheese defense, the next season we're having a half-assed offense and a great defense.  This is exactly how it has been for the last 10+ years. 

If Doug Pederson just got fired in Philadelphia, how the hell does this guy still have a job?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Rooney, Colbert, and Ben should come into agreement that he comes back for the last year on his contract and walk away from the game after that.  

This is definitely the end for him, but we should draft a QB in the first round and Ben can act as a mentor in the same vein that Eli Manning did with Daniel Jones. 

Tomlin needs to be ousted right away.  

He's directly responsible for the incomplete team that the Pittsburgh Steelers have become.  

Why did he think he could go the whole season with a passing attack with no running game?  How stupid do you have to be?  

That's not Ben's fault.  That's not Colbert's fault.  Hell, that's not even "fart in a skillet" Fichtner's fault.  

If Tomlin would have addressed the multiple issues on offense earlier, we wouldn't have even had to face Cleveland.  

And, if Rooney wants to promote his coaches from lower levels to the coordinator positions, that doesn't mean Tomlin isn't responsible for keeping them in check.  

But, this isn't the first time Tomlin has had an incomplete team.   If one season, we have  a stellar offense and a swiss cheese defense, the next season we're having a half-assed offense and a great defense.  This is exactly how it has been for the last 10+ years. 

If Doug Pederson just got fired in Philadelphia, how the hell does this guy still have a job?  

Pederson lost his locker room. That's why he was fired.

• Like 1

Tomlin is 3-6 in the last decade in the playoffs.

Terrible clock management, playing down to level of competition, and for the last few seasons, completely sucking in December.

He at the very least should be on the hot seat...but he wont be.