Divisional Round GDT: Ravens @ Bills. Saturday Night Football!

Trentwannabe

Quick Analysis: One of the toughest and hottest teams in the league will travel to Orchard Park for a divisional round playoff game against our beloved Bills. Last year saw these teams collide with the Ravens coming out on top 24-17. Can the Bills duplicate their success against Lamar's running from last season? Will they be able to slow down the surging connection with Marquise Brown who has 6 TD catches in their last 7 games? What kind of defense with the Ravens play against the high powered Bills offense? Does Buffalo use more 12 personnel and max protection to give Allen the time to find hid stud WR's? The chess match for this game will be very fun to watch and should make it a one score game in the end.

Prediction: I trust this Bills offense to put up points. They've seen almost all the best defenses in the league this season and have come out on top each time with Allen looking great. This game will come down to Buffalo's ability to slow the Ravens rushing attack and not allow the big play through the air like last year (61 TD to Hayden Hurst). I trust the defensive staff to have a gameplan in place to limit Baltimore just enough. Bills 28 - Ravens 24.

One thing I meant to add:

McDermott has a great history of scheming ways to limiting mobile QB's running ability such as Lamar, Kaepernick, RG3 and Michael Vick in the past. Having seen him before could mean nothing but I wouldn't be surprised to see some new wrinkles from this D. No doubt McDermott will want to make Lamar beat them through the air, especially if the weather isn't great.

Buffalo's best chance to win is to run up the score early and get a lead to where Baltimore has to rely on Lamar passing. And by lead, I mean a minimum of 17 points as Baltimore is disciplined enough to stay with the run if it is any closer. With Humphrey and Peters, this could be a game where Davis shines.

Buffalo 38

Baltimore 30

I'm psyched for this match up. I wanted to face Baltimore in the playoffs.

I know Pitt would've been the easier matchup, but when it comes to the playoffs- the entertainment factor is more important to me, and this game should be entertaining as hell. Go Bills!

It is going to be tough, you are going again the #2 running defense, #2 passing defense, and 1st against points in the AFC in a Ravens D. Then you have the #1 rushing offense you are facing while our defense has struggled mightily on the running game. I think that Baltimore will implement a setup that Colts used which is eat up clock by grinding out the ball leaving the bills offense with less time to score. Bills defense needs to step up because they got overall worked last week, they blitzed 30% of the time and not once was rivers truly pressured. TE were 14 of 16 completion/target for 134 yards and 1 td. Rivers was 60%+ completion when the bills blitzed. That is Ravens strong suit with running and TE passing, I expect Dobbins and Andrews to have a big game even if Brown is shut down.  Bills run game was pretty much nonexistent if it wasnt for Allen running at times. Singletary and moss both combined for 42 yards on 10 rushes. The bills definitely need to work on this stuff this week. 

This is the only way I see the bills winning this game is to stop Dobbins, force Lamar to throw It, win the field position battle. Take advantage of any mistakes and need to be penalty/turnover free to get out of this win. I would have preferred to face a steelers team as that match up was more ideal then this one and as much as I want to say Bills will win I honestly don't see it in this matchup based on the trench war which I see ravens winning. 35-31 Baltimore. I truly hope I am wrong on this prediction

Our offense struggled last year because the Ravens went man and blitzed the crap out of us. If they do that again, expect to see a lot of 4 WR set. Is this the week Stills gets activated? Diggs, Beasley, Brown, Davis, Stills and McKenzie gives the Bills a lot of options and weapons. Also Yeldon as a pass catcher out of the back field.

13 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yup. Outside of Moss being out now the Bills should be completely healthy for Saturday 

they protected Stills on the list this week so I do not see them activating him to the starting roster before the game. I am surprised by this move as I thought for sure they would want all the weapons they can get in case they need a quick score down field. Having him and brown in along with diggs could have been tough to defend in a deep pass

I also was unaware of the new rule that if a player was consistently getting tested daily along with a couple other things they can easily waive the 6-10 day covid protocol so if freeman did do it then he could be active saturday night. I still think Yeldon will be the #2 just because of his catching abilities and the comfort of a veteran over a rookie.