Divisional Round GDT: Ravens @ Bills. Saturday Night Football!

Trentwannabe

18 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Everything looking good. I expect all the limited players playing this week. I wonder if Johnson is inactive they have Darron Lee come up and run packages of 3-3-5 to contain Lamar from running out of the pocket. Im curious who the 2 will be brought up as 3 of the 4 that are being protected Antonio, Stills, and Lee 

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Everything looking good. I expect all the limited players playing this week. I wonder if Johnson is inactive they have Darron Lee come up and run packages of 3-3-5 to contain Lamar from running out of the pocket. Im curious who the 2 will be brought up as 3 of the 4 that are being protected Antonio, Stills, and Lee 

I definitely think Stills gets the call this week. Lee would make sense also

10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

McDermott added that this done not mean Williams wouldn’t be called up either. Decision hasn’t been made yet.

Interesting to see this, would Williams get the nod over Freeman? Nothing against williams but i would assume at this time of year you want the vet who knows the pressure of a playoff game over a rookie who has been on the psqaud majority of the season. I think Tj fits better for this game over williams just because of his pass catching abilities in which they may utilize more in this game. My only concern is he fumbles quite a bit in the past

44 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Interesting to see this, would Williams get the nod over Freeman? Nothing against williams but i would assume at this time of year you want the vet who knows the pressure of a playoff game over a rookie who has been on the psqaud majority of the season. I think Tj fits better for this game over williams just because of his pass catching abilities in which they may utilize more in this game. My only concern is he fumbles quite a bit in the past

I think they may just go with 3 RBs active including Jones. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if Freeman gets the nod.

It sounds like Daryl Johnson won’t be available meaning Trent Murphy will be active for the first time since Arizona. He should have fresh legs and be motivated to go. He’s a very good run defender and did well last year against Baltimore. 

16 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think they may just go with 3 RBs active including Jones. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if Freeman gets the nod.

It sounds like Daryl Johnson won’t be available meaning Trent Murphy will be active for the first time since Arizona. He should have fresh legs and be motivated to go. He’s a very good run defender and did well last year against Baltimore. 

I prefer going with an extra LB then Murphy, better way to contain Lamar by having 3 LBs out on the field like last year with Milano Edmunds and Zo. Just not a fan of murphy and think he is a liability more then being helpful on the field.

18 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I prefer going with an extra LB then Murphy, better way to contain Lamar by having 3 LBs out on the field like last year with Milano Edmunds and Zo. Just not a fan of murphy and think he is a liability more then being helpful on the field.

Murphy is already on the active roster. He was just be active and Daryl Inactive.

They could still bring up a LB or Stills if they wanted 

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Murphy is already on the active roster. He was just be active and Daryl Inactive.

They could still bring up a LB or Stills if they wanted 

Yea I prefer to keep Murphy as one of the healthy scratches and have 4 active LBs (not including Matavich), have jefferson rotate in for Daryl if he is inactive this week and use Darron Lee in special packages as he is fairly quick to push lamar to the sideline. Just about containing him from running over Murphy who stops mid play or looks lost half the time. Maybe I am to hard on the guy but I dont see him being beneficial to be on the field. I was never a fan and thought he should have been let go before the season. I am hoping for some packages that will surprise everyone on defense this week in order to throw off Lamar.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yea I prefer to keep Murphy as one of the healthy scratches and have 4 active LBs (not including Matavich), have jefferson rotate in for Daryl if he is inactive this week and use Darron Lee in special packages as he is fairly quick to push lamar to the sideline. Just about containing him from running over Murphy who stops mid play or looks lost half the time. Maybe I am to hard on the guy but I dont see him being beneficial to be on the field. I was never a fan and thought he should have been let go before the season. I am hoping for some packages that will surprise everyone on defense this week in order to throw off Lamar.

No way McDermott goes into a game with only 7 active DL. Besides, both Murphy and Lee can be active. Bills can call up Lee and Stills or Lee and a RB and play them both while just having Murphy in for the injured Johnson. Doesn’t need to be on or the other. 

Yeldon activated.. I believe Williams will be playing as well. This Ravens secondary is so opportunistic that were gonna need to have some success running the ball with Allen. 

Scoring early is important. Lamar gets wild passing and I think we can force a turnover or 2.

Whoever wins the turnover battle likely wins the game 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

No way Freeman would get nod over Williams.. Freeman needs atleast a week with the playbook

16 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Yeldon activated.. I believe Williams will be playing as well. This Ravens secondary is so opportunistic that were gonna need to have some success running the ball with Allen. 

Scoring early is important. Lamar gets wild passing and I think we can force a turnover or 2.

Whoever wins the turnover battle likely wins the game 

I think Yeldon is going to be a sneaky play split out wide in empty sets. They did it last year with Singletary who had 6 catches but just 29 yards. I could see Yeldon being a nice safety option on 2nd and short and 3rd and short in the passing game.