Divisional Round GDT: Ravens @ Bills. Saturday Night Football!

Trentwannabe

17 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

No way Freeman would get nod over Williams.. Freeman needs atleast a week with the playbook

I dont think it matters honestly you have Yeldon and Singletary getting the bulk of the carries and Freeman will probably only get a few carries whether he knows the book or not he only needs to know some sub package plays for 3rd string.

Can't even imagine the feeling Saturday night if we pull this off lol. 

Idk I have a weird feeling about this game. I feel like last week was a down week and we kind of should've lost if not for Josh Allen. It reminded me of old Patriot teams when they would be losing all the statistical categories but somehow they win at the end. My guess as to why it was sort of a down week for the team was the pressure of having to win the 1st playoff game in 25 years & not playing loose.

I can see the team coming out blazing this week and kind of match the team we saw from weeks 11 to 17 and not in the wild card matchup... The Bills can win by 14 or lose by a touchdown and i wouldn't be surprised either way lol. 

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Can't even imagine the feeling Saturday night if we pull this off lol. 

Idk I have a weird feeling about this game. I feel like last week was a down week and we kind of should've lost if not for Josh Allen. It reminded me of old Patriot teams when they would be losing all the statistical categories but somehow they win at the end. My guess as to why it was sort of a down week for the team was the pressure of having to win the 1st playoff game in 25 years & not playing loose.

I can see the team coming out blazing this week and kind of match the team we saw from weeks 11 to 17 and not in the wild card matchup... The Bills can win by 14 or lose by a touchdown and i wouldn't be surprised either way lol. 

I think our best chance is to come out early and score. Put the Ravens down and force them to pass more than they want. Our defense against the run still worries me.

8 minutes ago, Maxmw22 said:

I think our best chance is to come out early and score. Put the Ravens down and force them to pass more than they want. Our defense against the run still worries me.

I think the run D stuff is slightly overblown for a couple reasons. Last week we held Jonathan Taylor to 78 yards on 21 carries (3.7 ypc). Hines gashed us for (2) big runs in the 4th quarter but to me it didn't seem like the Bills run D was getting beat all day at all. But we obviously can't have those lapses going against Lamar and his dynamic ability. 

Another reason is Sean McDermott, he typically has a good defensive game plan against top QBs. Last season the Bills were the only team to hold Lamar under 200 total yards during his MVP season. 

I'm expecting Lamar to have a pretty good day, just hoping Allens is better lol. 

EDIT: But I agree, the ideal start to the game would be the Bills get out to a 10-0+ lead and make Lamar throw it around in the wind.

Edited by The BILLievers

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

I think the run D stuff is slightly overblown for a couple reasons. Last week we held Jonathan Taylor to 78 yards on 21 carries (3.7 ypc). Hines gashed us for (2) big runs in the 4th quarter but to me it didn't seem like the Bills run D was getting beat all day at all. But we obviously can't have those lapses going against Lamar and his dynamic ability. 

Another reason is Sean McDermott, he typically has a good defensive game plan against top QBs. Last season the Bills were the only team to hold Lamar under 200 total yards during his MVP season. 

I'm expecting Lamar to have a pretty good day, just hoping Allens is better lol. 

EDIT: But I agree, the ideal start to the game would be the Bills get out to a 10-0+ lead and make Lamar throw it around in the wind.

I dont necessarily think the run d is based on yards. I think the major issue last week was the inability to stop the Colts offense. They had the ball 35 minutes thats about 60/40 in favor of having the ball. The bills need to make that more even, last time they were dominated by time was against KC and that was not good. I do see one thing that some media members have been latching on to this week, one being very adamant is Peter Schrager (however you spell his last name) consistently saying the bills will struggle cause Baltimore will do what KC did. Baltimore does not have the weapons that KC has, Lamar does not have the passing capabilities that Mahomes has so I dont see why they continue to think that the run game will blow up like CEH did. They didnt want to give up the big play with Hill and Kelce. I think Andrews and Dobbins will have a good game but in no way will they get worked in that way. 

7 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Antonio Williams and Dane Jackson are the Bills 2 call ups this week. Will be interesting to see if either of them will dress... Jackson is interesting. Could mean we plan to play with a DB in the box to try and match Lamars speed

I agree about Dane Jackson. 

Also likely a good sign for Daryl Johnson otherwise we might have called up a DE just in case. 

9 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Antonio Williams and Dane Jackson are the Bills 2 call ups this week. Will be interesting to see if either of them will dress... Jackson is interesting. Could mean we plan to play with a DB in the box to try and match Lamars speed

Well that is interesting that Stills isn't ready to be brought up.. I wonder if they plan to use him if they make it to the next round against KC? Dane Jackson is intriguing I wonder if it has anything to do with us struggling to cover the TE. Even though they are brought up doesn't necessarily mean they will be active but 2 rookies over veterans is interesting move.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well that is interesting that Stills isn't ready to be brought up.. I wonder if they plan to use him if they make it to the next round against KC? Dane Jackson is intriguing I wonder if it has anything to do with us struggling to cover the TE. Even though they are brought up doesn't necessarily mean they will be active but 2 rookies over veterans is interesting move.

I think the plan was to use Stills in this game but Moss getting hurt probably threw a wrench in their plan and had to use one on a RB.

I’ve been staying busy at work this week to try to keep my mind off of this game as much as possible, but it’s all starting to flow in. I’m so effing amped it isn’t even funny. I’m not ready for this season to be over. The Buffalo Bills in the AFCCG this year? Who tf would’ve thought that?!!! Let’s goooooo!!! We knocked on the door last year, let’s kick the whole ******* thing down this year.

Go Bills!!!!!!!!