Cowboys hire Dan Quinn as DC

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Why? So that our defense performs well the first year to only collapse and get our entire coaching staff fired cause they turn so bad the following years and waste time?

Wade and Dan Quinn are not even the same stratosphere 

Dans about to get MM fired 

Edited by rocky_rams

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Richard sucked for us. He did exactly one notable thing - move Byron Jones to CB.

Players hated him. We got worse when he took over play calling. 

This is true.  The Legion of Boom really built up the reputation of some of the coaches and even the GM (they caught so much lightning w/the 2010-2012 drafts). 

Im afraid that Quinn is just another beneficiary of past performance.  

13 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Wade and Dan Quinn are not even the same stratosphere 

Dans about to get MM fired 

Wade has been in the NFL for his entire life. He has been a DC at something crazy like 15 locations. And dont quote me on this exact number, but he has been fired at over 80% of them within 3 years.

Not to mention he isnt a scheme fit. And he doesnt know anything but 1 scheme. 

Wade is fools gold. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Wade has been in the NFL for his entire life. He has been a DC at something crazy like 15 locations. And dont quote me on this exact number, but he has been fired at over 80% of them within 3 years.

Wade is fools gold. 

He’s also elevated every defense he’s been apart of when first joining them. 

he’s been to the SB multiple times and he’s won with who @jrry32calls the ghost of Peyton Manning. 

Dan Quinn got carried by the LOB to the SB and to the falcons job and then got carried by K Shanny to the SB 

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Wade is fools gold. 

Wade isn't fool's gold. Wade is what he is. He can turn a defense around quickly, but he doesn't adjust much and has defenses that get stale after a few years. At this point in his career, he's a solid DC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

This is true.  The Legion of Boom really built up the reputation of some of the coaches and even the GM (they caught so much lightning w/the 2010-2012 drafts). 

Im afraid that Quinn is just another beneficiary of past performance.  

I somewhat disagree. You could say that about so many coaches at all groups who benefit from great players. Them being good coaches was something to do with their success. Quinn was pretty well respected before Seattle.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Landog3 said:

I somewhat disagree. You could say that about so many coaches at all groups who benefit from great players. Them being good coaches was something to do with their success. Quinn was pretty well respected before Seattle.

Duly noted.  I don’t know the history of Quinn before Seattle. 

I’ll still maintain that Schneider is still riding on the coat-tails of a couple of super drafts and Kris hasn’t done anything of note beyond DB Coach.