Cowboys hire Dan Quinn as DC

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

He’s also elevated every defense he’s been apart of when first joining them. 

he’s been to the SB multiple times and he’s won with who @jrry32calls the ghost of Peyton Manning. 

Dan Quinn got carried by the LOB to the SB and to the falcons job and then got carried by K Shanny to the SB 

Didn't he have two DROTY candidates in Keanu Neal at Safety & Deion Jones at LB that played a huge part in thier SB run?

Or do we only want to state facts that state your against him and not for? Whatever you want to do but I'd recommend posting the whole story.. 

So Quinn accidentally tripped and fell into 3 superbowls?

Got ya.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

2 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Quinn's defenses have reached 3 superbowls in the modern era? Who else is available right now besides Wade Philips with that kind of resume?

And I've been really cautious with the Mike McCarthy Hires, but I don't understand the hate for this hire.

Resumes are overrated (even if I do like the Quinn hire). They speak to the past. A lot of us Rams fans were a little concerned when McVay let Wade go to hire a guy with no resume. The guy with no resume made us the #1 defense in football.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Resumes are overrated (even if I do like the Quinn hire). They speak to the past. A lot of us Rams fans were a little concerned when McVay let Wade go to hire a guy with no resume. The guy with no resume made us the #1 defense in football.

I agree resumes can sometimes oversell. Is there any logical prospects for us to even look at right now? And should we trust a young co-ordinator even if he did perform well among a COVID-19 year?

It's such a tough year to look for new coaching talent because of how many variables that affected teams across the league. Some teams just straight up got lucky.

2 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I agree resumes can sometimes oversell. Is there any logical prospects for us to even look at right now? And should we trust a young co-ordinator even if he did perform well among a COVID-19 year?

It's such a tough year to look for new coaching talent because of how many variables that affected teams across the league. Some teams just straight up got lucky.

I can tell you we didn't get lucky. Staley is just that good. His ability to adjust as the game progressed made us a dominant second-half defense. It's certainly more risky, but I trust McVay to do it well. I can understand why you might not trust McCarthy.

14 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Didn't he have two DROTY candidates in Keanu Neal at Safety & Deion Jones at LB that played a huge part in thier SB run?

Or do we only want to state facts that state your against him and not for? Whatever you want to do but I'd recommend posting the whole story.. 

So Quinn accidentally tripped and fell into 3 superbowls?

Got ya.

See response from @jrry32below

5 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

He’s also elevated every defense he’s been apart of when first joining them. 

he’s been to the SB multiple times and he’s won with who @jrry32calls the ghost of Peyton Manning. 

Dan Quinn got carried by the LOB to the SB and to the falcons job and then got carried by K Shanny to the SB 

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Wade isn't fool's gold. Wade is what he is. He can turn a defense around quickly, but he doesn't adjust much and has defenses that get stale after a few years. At this point in his career, he's a solid DC.

Isnt that what fools gold. You will think you have struck gold because you will get superstar results to start. Only to realize you were fooled.

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Isnt that what fools gold. You will think you have struck gold because you will get superstar results to start. Only to realize you were fooled.

No, because he's actually going to give you positive results for a certain amount of time. Fool's gold is never gold. Fool's gold would be a coordinator who has a big name but hasn't delivered in years imo. 

Cowboys also hired one of my favorite coaches, Joe Whitt Jr. to work with the DBs. Joe is a fantastic teacher and should be able to get the most out of whatever DBs Dallas has on roster.  Whitt was with McCarthy in GB, but unlike Nolan, I wouldn't call this a crony hire. Whitt is legit and his claim to fame was tutoring (2) young UDFA corners to play well enough for the Packers to win a Title in 2010. ( Sam Shields & Tramon Williams)

Whitt_Joe.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 2

It reminds me of the mike McCarthy name. He was probably good once but was carried by the talent of his players in his prime. 

Atlanta's defense got better when he left. If that isnt telling I'm not sure what is. Hopefully for dallas he is reinvigorated being a dc.