Jump to content

Dan Quinn hired as new DC


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Same exact thought. Does he want a coach that cant make it to a superbowl in the first place? 

You seem to have missed my point. HE IS A CHOKE ARTIST!

At least by that rationale.

But if just getting there is your ceiling, then I guess he is the man!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

You seem to have missed my point. HE IS A CHOKE ARTIST!

At least by that rationale.

But if just getting there is your ceiling, then I guess he is the man!

At least he has sniffed the Super Bowl in the last 25 years! I mean not once, not twice but 3 times as either a DC or a HC. Besides, DC is MUCH different than HC. His responsibilities is far less, focus can be more narrow. Your grading/judging him as a HC and not as a DC which realistically is unfair to him. 
 

To be fair, IIRC Thomas Demitroff had far more control of the roster than Quinn did and Quinn didn’t call the plays for his defense. He was the game manager, not play caller. I would have to go back and rewatch that Super Bowl and grade player performance to see where that loss truly lied. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

At least he has sniffed the Super Bowl in the last 25 years! I mean not once, not twice but 3 times as either a DC or a HC. Besides, DC is MUCH different than HC. His responsibilities is far less, focus can be more narrow. Your grading/judging him as a HC and not as a DC which realistically is unfair to him. 
 

To be fair, IIRC Thomas Demitroff had far more control of the roster than Quinn did and Quinn didn’t call the plays for his defense. He was the game manager, not play caller. I would have to go back and rewatch that Super Bowl and grade player performance to see where that loss truly lied. 

Oh, no worries them. I'm in!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

You seem to have missed my point. HE IS A CHOKE ARTIST!

At least by that rationale.

But if just getting there is your ceiling, then I guess he is the man!

interesting take. I thought the entire world blamed shanny and the playcalling for that loss

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 7:25 PM, textaz03 said:

Idk, Thomas Demitroff had a ton of power over rosters down there. And He didn’t call plays on Defense while in Atlanta. Don’t think it’s a bad hire, but it’s not a home run hire either

Where have I seen this before. You guys bring a coach who's won a Super Bowl with a different team, decide you don't like him, then promote your offensive coordinator who was once a backup QB for you to be your Head Coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Danger said:

Where have I seen this before. You guys bring a coach who's won a Super Bowl with a different team, decide you don't like him, then promote your offensive coordinator who was once a backup QB for you to be your Head Coach.

What does any of this have to do Dan Quinn? What a weird transition into talking about Kellen Moore.

Also Wade is a terrible HC. MM is a much better HC than Wade ever was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

What does any of this have to do Dan Quinn? What a weird transition into talking about Kellen Moore.

Also Wade is a terrible HC. MM is a much better HC than Wade ever was.

Ah actuallly you are correct. I forgot Wade was here. I thought it was Parcels -> Garrett

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

interesting take. I thought the entire world blamed shanny and the playcalling for that loss

I blame the play-calling after the Julio catch for the loss. 

I blame Devonta Freeman missing a block for the loss.

I blame moving away from the run game despite it averaging 7.5 YPC for the loss. 

I blame the refs for calling the Edelman catch a "catch" on the field. It wasn't a catch.

I don't blame a defense that was on the field for 90+ plays. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...