2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

I'm posting this thread a bit early, for a couple reasons.  One I need the link available now to use the hyperlink within the workbooks and to help address any questions that you guys might have, especially the new guys.

I'm still finalizing the guidelines but the bulk is completed so please give it a read.  There is a lot to read over but the workbooks are designed to keep you from making mistakes.  Makes for a great read when mother nature calls.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zv2y8yP7egqKpwpxpqbAym6_T633jELEaFBu5h0G_O4/edit?usp=sharing

Please post any questions you have about this mock here.  I'm asking all the veteran members of tcmd to help the new guys out when you can.

There are a couple minor rule changes so the vets will want to review as well.

Adding these tags to this post so when I do need to send out announcements I can find them easy enough.

@LuckyNumber11 @whodatOL @Ghostnote @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @JWingate @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @EaglesPeteC @FinneasGage @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14 @drfrey13 @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @SerenityNow

Edited by ny92mike
Insert GM Tags.

Here's a question that always comes up. Suppose at the beginning of a free agency round a team is 20 mil under the cap. Can they offer 1 or more contracts that add up to more than 20 mil in spending in the current year? 

I believe the answer is yes, but they have to immediately become cap compliant after being awarded the new player(s).

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Here's a question that always comes up. Suppose at the beginning of a free agency round a team is 20 mil under the cap. Can they offer 1 or more contracts that add up to more than 20 mil in spending in the current year? 

I believe the answer is yes, but they have to immediately become cap compliant after being awarded the new player(s).

Good question as I believe you need to always stay below your cap number. this is to stop someone bidding on all the top free agents without the space. Also people will release players into the pool prior to give themself the cap relief first greater a bigger market.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Last year, I was able to set up the formulas so that as you create the contracts in the ufa bidding sheets these contracts get calculated into the official team's salary cap.  Preventing you from bidding on free agents if you don't have the funds to sign them all.

Now these formulas only get applied to the fa bids.  You can still bid over on reserve bids but I'm looking into applying a more simpler formula that limits you from bidding some ridiculous amount over the cap.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Just finished with the player contracts....Please give it a look over as it contains useful information.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FvuEZlK51sgQtn6eYUB-8enj9e1nI0IcyLMPk-wlE0Q/edit?usp=sharing

You won't need to refer back to this workbook after I get the main workbooks ready as all of this information will be available in those.  This just helps people start game planning when they can see what these values are set at.

Getting closer to kicking this off.

This workbook contains the following information:

Sheet Names

• Player Listing
    • What I call expected values, these are the minimum values that a player will accept when bidding on them at the start of the mock.  Note that after each round of free agent bidding these values will decrease 10% until they reach vet min single season contracts.
  • Data
    • Vet Min amounts
  • Position Data
    • Signing Bonus percentages by position.
    • The experience year that a player is considered to be declining.
      • If a player in this mock is considered to be declining their asking price will decrease faster after each fa bidding round.
  • Tag Values
    • I do tag values different than the NFL, so it's worth a look.
    • 5th year option amounts.
  • Free Agency
    • Player listing
  • Sheets 2021 thru 2031
    • Player contract information.

• Like 1

fyi...I'm still on the hunt for a second commish.  @squire12 will be managing the evenings.  So I need a dependable member that is available during the day to handle any issues should they arise as well as assist in updating workbooks.  Excel knowledge is preferred by not a must.  Member needs to be a veteran of tcmd.  

Also looking for creative writers if there are any out there.

Message me if you are interested in either of these positions.

8 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Just finished with the player contracts....Please give it a look over as it contains useful information.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FvuEZlK51sgQtn6eYUB-8enj9e1nI0IcyLMPk-wlE0Q/edit?usp=sharing

If you use the exact formula for 5th year option in player listing then just head up.   It contains decimal as far as thousandths digit and there is no comma(s).

Looking at the doc, it's mostly good.

I think LB Thomas Davis has retired. Vic Beasley is a DE rather than ILB.  I think a couple of lesser lights players named Chris Jones and Michael Thomas are getting their contract demands from their better known namesakes. 

13 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Looking at the doc, it's mostly good.

I think LB Thomas Davis has retired. Vic Beasley is a DE rather than ILB.  I think a couple of lesser lights players named Chris Jones and Michael Thomas are getting their contract demands from their better known namesakes. 

Larry Fitzgerald hangs his cleats too.  Both are listed as UFA.  No cap threat from either.

14 hours ago, ny92mike said:

fyi...I'm still on the hunt for a second commish.  @squire12 will be managing the evenings.  So I need a dependable member that is available during the day to handle any issues should they arise as well as assist in updating workbooks.  Excel knowledge is preferred by not a must.  Member needs to be a veteran of tcmd.  

Also looking for creative writers if there are any out there.

Message me if you are interested in either of these positions.

Hey Mike I could help updating the workbooks, I've done it once. I have up and downs days at work so I can manage the updating during the day. (also I'm a few hours ahead of you guys so what happen during the dawn I'll have it updated in the morning.

Forgot to say. I'm sports journalist, I could help writing tho I prefer doing to workbooks update.

Edited by BowserBroncos
  • Like 2