2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

oh yeah, you got him for sure then.  GB signing bonus was $3M

My co-GM picked our targets this round and I just tweaked the contracts trying to get them to what I thought would win or at least be close. I went high on the signing bonus to give wiggle room on tie breakers in case someone ballooned up year 3 or whatever to get a high APY but really more of a 2 year deal. Desmond King is our new Lamarcus Joyner (who someone should try and trade a late round pick for tbh, unless we lose on King) as a nickle that can emergency FS if needed. Then Roy Robertson Harris as our base 5tech for our new Gus Bradley Seattle style 4-3 Under. Malik Hooker rounded it out for like 1.5mil a year as a guy we liked in the draft and if he can fend off the injury bug could be our single high safety.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

My co-GM picked our targets this round and I just tweaked the contracts trying to get them to what I thought would win or at least be close. I went high on the signing bonus to give wiggle room on tie breakers in case someone ballooned up year 3 or whatever to get a high APY but really more of a 2 year deal. Desmond King is our new Lamarcus Joyner (who someone should try and trade a late round pick for tbh, unless we lose on King) as a nickle that can emergency FS if needed. Then Roy Robertson Harris as our base 5tech for our new Gus Bradley Seattle style 4-3 Under. Malik Hooker rounded it out for like 1.5mil a year as a guy we liked in the draft and if he can fend off the injury bug could be our single high safety.

Yeah, Raiders have the cap space to go big like that.   GB is needing to go close the vest on things and hope to pull some players.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Were you bidding against me on Johnson?

He went way above asking right? Like 10+ minimum right? We debated targeting him with a bigger version of our Desmond King contract but didn't want to risk that much competition (I think we would have been the 4th team to target when we were considering?).

Just now, Trojan said:

He went way above asking right? Like 10+ minimum right? We debated targeting him with a bigger version of our Desmond King contract but didn't want to risk that much competition (I think we would have been the 4th team to target when we were considering?).

I didn’t bid 18 mil. I was nowhere near that.

I thought my offer was good and had a chance.