2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

24 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I forgot how this worked last year when FA opened...

Let's say I go after Chris Godwin, Kenny Golladay, and Allen Robinson - three WRs that should demand a lot of money. And let's say I had them ranked in that order too. Throwing numbers out there I offer each 5 years/100 million. I don't need all three, just one. But I win two (or three). Was there something before that we had that said if I win this void the others? 

Last year I landed Byron Jones e James Bradberry at once. I didn't mind, but sometimes is better to just give your best offer (even if it is a little overpay) to your top choice.

• Like 3

I also recall being able to refuse a contract you won if it doubled up at a position.

Incidentally, this piece in PFT says the cap will be about 180 mil under the current rules. It could be negotiated higher but owners are resisting.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/19/salary-cap-could-be-in-the-range-of-180-million/#comments

It says some owners regard raising the cap number as an interest free loan to players. It would take 3/4 of owners to approve a different cap number so we are probably working with too high a cap at 205. In the mock, probably lots of teams will use franchise tags while in real life not many will if the cap is going down.

31 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I also recall being able to refuse a contract you won if it doubled up at a position.

Incidentally, this piece in PFT says the cap will be about 180 mil under the current rules. It could be negotiated higher but owners are resisting.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/19/salary-cap-could-be-in-the-range-of-180-million/#comments

It says some owners regard

35 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

It says some owners regard raising the cap number as an interest free loan to players. It would take 3/4 of owners to approve a different cap number so we are probably working with too high a cap at 205. In the mock, probably lots of teams will use franchise tags while in real life not many will if the cap is going down.

raising the cap number as an interest free loan to players. It would take 3/4 of owners to approve a different cap number so we are probably working with too high a cap at 205. In the mock, probably lots of teams will use franchise tags while in real life not many will if the cap is going down.

Might be hard to get 24 owners to vote on that cap if some of their teams will need to cut players to get under that amount.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Depth Chart

Offense
Position
#N/A
#N/A
#N/A
#N/A
#N/A
#N/A
#N/A
#N/A
#N/A
#N/A
#N/A

ErrorDid not find value '' in MATCH evaluation.

Special Teams pulls fine.

At the top use the drop downs to select the offensive scheme...based on the schemes the positions will populate.

5 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Hiya. Quick question if I may. I have a lot of players expecting long contracts usually I see mainly 4 or 5 but got a number of 7 year contracts and some old folks wanting 4?

is this correct?

The "expected Contract Length" should read "Max contract length".  Working out a formula for this has been impossible, every year it's kinda hit and miss.  Just know that you can offer fewer years just not over the expected CL value.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I forgot how this worked last year when FA opened...

Let's say I go after Chris Godwin, Kenny Golladay, and Allen Robinson - three WRs that should demand a lot of money. And let's say I had them ranked in that order too. Throwing numbers out there I offer each 5 years/100 million. I don't need all three, just one. But I win two (or three). Was there something before that we had that said if I win this void the others? 

Right now, No.  We discussed this last year or might have been the year before.  Couple things I'm still not sold on if this is a good idea and second I couldn't figure out how to do it in the workbook I use to sort the winners without getting into a circular reference.

23 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

The "expected Contract Length" should read "Max contract length".  Working out a formula for this has been impossible, every year it's kinda hit and miss.  Just know that you can offer fewer years just not over the expected CL value.

Ok. It’s only that the 7 year contract makes the apy really easy to achieve with backloaded contracts. Not seen as many like this in previous years so wanted to highlight it.

Just now, mountainpd said:

Ok. It’s only that the 7 year contract makes the apy really easy to achieve with backloaded contracts. Not seen as many like this in previous years so wanted to highlight it.

I hear ya...unfortunately to alter it now would require reloading both the official and unofficial workbooks with player data.

I can revisit the UFA listing and adjust that if that helps.