2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

3 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

All good.    I'm about 75% of the way finished.   I'll forward you the complete list when I'm done.

Is there a hyperlink that I could create in a blank column that would help you out?  Similar to the hyperlink with the name that takes you to youtube highlights?

Edited by ny92mike

28 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

This whole pulling rosters before the Super Bowl is killing me....

If the amount of bids placed on the Chiefs Future Contracts,, is any indication on how well they'll perform IRL.   I feel pretty good.

Not something I would have considered before but does have an impact.

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

teams being stealthy on targets perhaps?

Perhaps...Looks like there are still 10 teams that don't have bids showing up in the FA bid sorting wb.

However, those that do I'm looking at 96 contracts created.  Last round it was 122.

Just now, ny92mike said:

Perhaps...Looks like there are still 10 teams that don't have bids showing up in the FA bid sorting wb.

However, those that do I'm looking at 96 contracts created.  Last round it was 122.

There are a couple of players I want but apy too high for me but seeing bids on them I know it’s now or never,

couple of others with really low APY which have bids but I think they are still going to cost a pretty penny,

Just now, mountainpd said:

There are a couple of players I want but apy too high for me but seeing bids on them I know it’s now or never,

couple of others with really low APY which have bids but I think they are still going to cost a pretty penny,

Oh yes the decision making process of, "do I risk waiting on the APY to drop, or do I pay the extra money and increase my odds of landing the player early".

I know this free agency system isn't perfect, especially with some of the player APY demands being too high or low, but I'll be damn if it doesn't work itself out in the open market.  While at the same time creating a layer of game planning and a system designed to retain talent even into the late rounds of the mock.

Love it.

@squire12 have been talking a little about making some minor changes to the UFA and I'd even like to alter the reserve bidding process a little different, without changing the core structure of the system obviously.  

11 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I know this free agency system isn't perfect, especially with some of the player APY demands being too high or low, but I'll be damn if it doesn't work itself out in the open market.  While at the same time creating a layer of game planning and a system designed to retain talent even into the late rounds of the mock.

Love it.

@squire12 have been talking a little about making some minor changes to the UFA and I'd even like to alter the reserve bidding process a little different, without changing the core structure of the system obviously.  

Just don’t increase the amount of players that can be bid on. I like having the dilemma,

1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

Just don’t increase the amount of players that can be bid on. I like having the dilemma,

That was something we discussed. 

Current it is 3 UFA + 1 re-sign + 6 reserve with 12 rounds of bidding

Considering 4 + 1 + less reserve with 10 rounds.

Just kicking ideas around.