2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

with so many teams being in a tight spot, it might be hard to get that to happen

The cap had to be set at some point well before the actual cap number is set.  the best info at the time the decision was made was used.    lamenting about it now likely doesn't solve anything.  

If it would have been set at 175, it might have been pretty hard to get people to take some teams.

If it is decided to change to 175m, I want Sparky151 to be banned from this mock.🤬

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

with so many teams being in a tight spot, it might be hard to get that to happen

The cap had to be set at some point well before the actual cap number is set.  the best info at the time the decision was made was used.    lamenting about it now likely doesn't solve anything.  

If it would have been set at 175, it might have been pretty hard to get people to take some teams.

175 was the no matter what minimum. Things weren't quite as bad as feared so the actual number is at 180, potentially subject to change. TCMD hasn't started yet and we don't cut over from real life until after the Superbowl. So we should use the same number as the NFL is using as of the cutover date. It's no different from not knowing the final draft order or who has retired or withdrawn from the draft or signed a contract extension. Teams will be signing guys to future contracts, etc. TCMD should start with things as they are as of the cutover. If the league and union negotiate a much higher cap by then, no problemo. But if we're working with a considerably different number, then it weakens the simulation aspect. 

18 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Things weren't quite as bad as feared so the actual number is at 180, potentially subject to change. TCMD hasn't started yet and we don't cut over from real life until after the Superbowl. So we should use the same number as the NFL is using as of the cutover date.

i agree

8 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i agree

Firstly I am easy on the decision. Things to consider include, in this mock teams are limited on number of restructures etc for two reasons if I remember correctly, one is the amount of work required to be done by Mike for the updating of the spreadsheets but in particular to stop teams with positive cap positions restructuring players unnecessarily creating cap space for this year with no knock on effect. Irl there is a lot more flexibility and I think you will see an abundance of restructures this year for teams to get under cap and still have a seat at the free agency table.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

175 was the no matter what minimum. Things weren't quite as bad as feared so the actual number is at 180, potentially subject to change. TCMD hasn't started yet and we don't cut over from real life until after the Superbowl. So we should use the same number as the NFL is using as of the cutover date. It's no different from not knowing the final draft order or who has retired or withdrawn from the draft or signed a contract extension. Teams will be signing guys to future contracts, etc. TCMD should start with things as they are as of the cutover. If the league and union negotiate a much higher cap by then, no problemo. But if we're working with a considerably different number, then it weakens the simulation aspect. 

If I waited to do all of this after the super bowl it would be a week after that before we could start.  During that week 20 other things would have changed.  I'm not a robot.  Changing anything to all of these workbooks takes a solid day.

I posted all of this salary cap stuff a week ago in the discussion thread.  We finalized those numbers already.

Changing values now would require changing the tag values as well it would also require reducing the need to reduce the apy values.

What you are asking isn't something that takes a few minutes but hours and hours of my time.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

If I waited to do all of this after the super bowl it would be a week after that before we could start.  During that week 20 other things would have changed.  I'm not a robot.  Changing anything to all of these workbooks takes a solid day.

I posted all of this salary cap stuff a week ago in the discussion thread.  We finalized those numbers already.

Changing values now would require changing the tag values as well it would also require reducing the need to reduce the apy values.

What you are asking isn't something that takes a few minutes but hours and hours of my time.

Jesus freaking auto correct on my phone.  Ignore the grammar please.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

No freaking way for me to wait for you re-do the TCMD.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

No freaking way for me to wait for you re-do the TCMD.

I won't be doing that.  In years past I was pretty quick at doing this stuff and might have considered it.  Now, too old and slow to even consider redoing all of these workbooks again unless it was absolutely necessary.

• Like 1