2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

I use both of these as well. I use the scouting sheets to narrow down free agent targets. I would love to be able to have an additional column for priority so I can go through position by position and then sort but that is me being lazy.

No man this is what this conversation is about.  The less work you have to do with these mocks the better.  I'm building them to give it a cleaner look yes, but I'm also looking to find ways to make your job easier in the process.

So having a column to put notes or a priority number and the ability to sort.  Got it.

Just now, mountainpd said:

I think restructure and extension sheets could be combined.

Good point.  I'm looking at combining them and doing something like the way the UFA bid sheet is set up where you can choose between UFA and Resign.

This would allow me to add more slots so you aren't having to do one at a time.

Just now, pwny said:

We have no power here in Texas. So pls just give me all the players I tried to bid on. Thanks. 

Sorry to hear that.  I'm right above you in Oklahoma and it's as cold as I've even seen with snow drifts as high as 4 ft in my driveway.  Got more winter storms on the way, so I'm hoping I don't lose power, crossing my fingers.

Hope to hear you get power back on soon.  Too cold not to have it with wind chills below -20.

Just now, ny92mike said:

Sorry to hear that.  I'm right above you in Oklahoma and it's as cold as I've even seen with snow drifts as high as 4 ft in my driveway.  Got more winter storms on the way, so I'm hoping I don't lose power, crossing my fingers.

Hope to hear you get power back on soon.  Too cold not to have it with wind chills below -20.

They’re doing rolling blackouts to save on energy because Texas didn’t prep for this, so they have no means to get the natural gas onto the grid. So we get power for ~20 minutes and then it goes out for 4-5 hours.

They’re saying this is going to continue at least until tomorrow morning. The temp in my condo is already down to 62° and I was only able to get it up 1° the last time the power went on. Will probably end up mid-low 50’s by tonight. 

19 minutes ago, pwny said:

They’re doing rolling blackouts to save on energy because Texas didn’t prep for this, so they have no means to get the natural gas onto the grid. So we get power for ~20 minutes and then it goes out for 4-5 hours.

They’re saying this is going to continue at least until tomorrow morning. The temp in my condo is already down to 62° and I was only able to get it up 1° the last time the power went on. Will probably end up mid-low 50’s by tonight. 

Sounds like a nightmare...

May need to find a hotel.  Be safe man, I'll be thinking about you.

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

UFA scouting sheets or draft big board?  You guys use either of these?

I use them but I hate the functionality of them.  Not sure if it's because they are in the team roster wb or what exactly just not a fan but I feel like they could be better designed and I'd use them more.

I don't use either.  I don't use the Official workbook much for my own team but do use it for other teams to see who they have. 

54 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Deciding between bidding on 7 players for three bids. 

latest final three includes 1 not in the original 7.

gonna kick myself on a couple of players if they go in unchallenged and I miss out too.

Feel free to tell me the 7 players and I'll happily give you assistance on who you should bid on