2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

#1: I could not find releasing players sheet anywhere. I guess we will do old fashioned method.  Post in thread and then commish adds to workbook.  right?

#2: I marked a player for a tag (F tag sheet) but he didn't show up on tag and tender sheet.  Same goes for RFA tender player.  no links between those sheets?

#3: Double check-  4 separate cap rooms on unofficial roster are present so should we be concerned about 22-24 cap room such as negative number for future cap room prevents us from getting new players?

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

#1: I could not find releasing players sheet anywhere. I guess we will do old fashioned method.  Post in thread and then commish adds to workbook.  right?

You can use your team roster workbook to release a player or players to see the adjustment to your cap but all transactions must be reported in the League Office thread so that the official workbooks can be maintained by us.

By using column H (Status).

CL Obtained Status Pos. Sort Player Identifier NFL Team
2 Original Active A 0633 - Daniel Jones - QB NYG
1 Original Released A 0078 - Alex Tanney - QB NYG
1 Original Active A 0505 - Clayton Thorson - QB NYG

#2: I marked a player for a tag (F tag sheet) but he didn't show up on tag and tender sheet.  Same goes for RFA tender player.  no links between those sheets?

The RFA wb isn't linked to the Tender Offer Sheet yet.  I put some example names in there for testing which I'll remove before we start.  Most of the private/unofficial workbooks are just designed to help you calculate the cap before committing to releasing a player or officially tagging etc.  

It's the official workbooks that are linked to the backend workbooks. 

#3: Double check-  4 separate cap rooms on unofficial roster are present so should we be concerned about 22-24 cap room such as negative number for future cap room prevents us from getting new players?

The four separate caps is a carryover from the old workbooks, where we actually accounted for future caps.  Not relevant for this mock.  In fact, the only year we need in these workbooks to be viewable is 2021.  The only reason the other years a present is to calculate releasing, extensions, restructures.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 11:48 PM, ny92mike said:

giphy.gif

We've done this every year for the super bowl but figured we might as well include the Conference Championship this year.

If you're interested in winning 200k in tcmd bucks, all you've got to do is predict the exact score for both home and away.  

GM's and front office are allowed to play, so get everyone involved.. money is money.

COMPLETE THIS FORM

I'll lock editing of this form the day of the games.  It does require your email address but it will remain private, this allows you to only submit once yet enables you to edit your responses up to the point I lock it down.

I'll provide a workbook so that you can view the results during the game.

I'll post another one for the Super Bowl.  

Good Luck.

@LuckyNumber11 @swoosh @ravens5520 @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @D82 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @dcat @FinneasGage @Uncle Buck @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @Heymangold @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14

Bump.

Games start SUNDAY, JANUARY 24TH

NFC kicks off at 3pm / AFC 6:40pm

So I apologize if this has already been answered, but how many contract extensions/restructures are we allowed to do? Can we franchise a player, get some potential trade offers and if none are tempting enough offer an extension? Or do we have to do one or the other?

13 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Right but I pulled rosters for the last time last week.

For the 4 teams who are still playing, they should be able to add players for 2021 via futures contracts. The 28 teams whose 2020 season are over have been doing that. Mostly they are signing players from their 2020 practice squad (since practice squad contracts are automatically 1 year deals). The 4 teams left should be able to do that too. The simplest way is to simply keep their current practice squad guys under minimum salary contracts for 2021. 

13 minutes ago, D82 said:

So I apologize if this has already been answered, but how many contract extensions/restructures are we allowed to do? Can we franchise a player, get some potential trade offers and if none are tempting enough offer an extension? Or do we have to do one or the other?

Tags and extensions are two separate things. Tags are for free agents to be to keep them under control for 2021. Extensions are new contracts with added years for players who are already under contract. You can extend a tagged player once the period for other teams to offer him has ended. You can also extend players you trade for and a limited number (I think it's 3) of players who start on your roster under contract. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, T-rade said:

Is there a spot in the workbook where teams can put their needs? I looked but couldn't find it other than the asking price on the trade block

I don't know why nobody had thought of it in the past.  It may be useful for other GM to contact right GM.

Edited by JetsandI

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

I don't know why nobody had thought of it in the past.  It may be useful for other GM to contract right GM.

I use an external site right now, but their listed needs might not align with the GM's thoughts on the matter and as a guy needing to shed a lot of cap, I'd really think it'd be easier if I knew who were looking at position Y and X

@ny92mike

Big Board sheet-

Is that what it does?    40 minute window expires, first of BB will be automatically selected for me?

Positions for drop down feature should included BPA basing on grade. Sometimes people want to pick BPA however they wish.  If it requires some extra work to get done then remind me to make the suggestion in TCMD feedback some time.

20 minutes ago, T-rade said:

I use an external site right now, but their listed needs might not align with the GM's thoughts on the matter and as a guy needing to shed a lot of cap, I'd really think it'd be easier if I knew who were looking at position Y and X

If it isn't fixed for this current TCMD then I will remember to mention that in TCMD comment thread.