2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

For the 4 teams who are still playing, they should be able to add players for 2021 via futures contracts. The 28 teams whose 2020 season are over have been doing that. Mostly they are signing players from their 2020 practice squad (since practice squad contracts are automatically 1 year deals). The 4 teams left should be able to do that too. The simplest way is to simply keep their current practice squad guys under minimum salary contracts for 2021. 

@squire12 and I had a long discussion yesterday.  Discovered some issues with several of the formulas that are linked to other sheets and/or workbooks.  I'll be making an official post later but we are Going to be getting new workbooks.

Your suggestion of assigning ps is what I did with this last pull but because I'm having to address these issues with new workbooks I'll go ahead a pull the rosters again from otc.  Problem is 32 teams is hard to keep up with at this time of year.  So this next pull will be the final pull.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, T-rade said:

Is there a spot in the workbook where teams can put their needs? I looked but couldn't find it other than the asking price on the trade block

I put something in a few years back but it really never got used.  Try it again if you want.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I put something in a few years back but it really never got used.  Try it again if you want.

If it wasn't used the last time and we're only two people hoping for it, you shouldn't bother. I'll just use my external list

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

You said there are a lot of new guys to run TCMD team this time so who knows. lol.

I have second thought about it because people will pm unnecessarily to other people anyway.

How about Big Board?   Is it for my own private category only or it can be used by a commish to put name in for me once OTC expires?

40 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

How about Big Board?   Is it for my own private category only or it can be used by a commish to put name in for me once OTC expires?

I'm not going to be able to check individual team workbooks every 40 minutes.

In the past, if you know you are unavailable during your pick time slot, you can post in thread if someone can use a 3-5 + player big board to pick for you.  It has worked well in prior years.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

You said there are a lot of new guys to run TCMD team this time so who knows. lol.

I have second thought about it because people will pm unnecessarily to other people anyway.

I tried working on doing an automated pick using a big board created from a form.  I couldn't ever get it to work right.

1 hour ago, T-rade said:

If it wasn't used the last time and we're only two people hoping for it, you shouldn't bother. I'll just use my external list

Help me out with a layout...not really sure what you are looking at.  Don't want to build something and it not look anything like what you're envisioning. 

53 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

The big board is for your own private use.  It doesn't get linked back to any other sheet.

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Help me out with a layout...not really sure what you are looking at.  Don't want to build something and it not look anything like what you're envisioning. 

Doesn't have to be more than the Trade Block, it could even be a part of it and just add a "Interested in" column

1 minute ago, T-rade said:

Doesn't have to be more than the Trade Block, it could even be a part of it and just add a "Interested in" column

There is a column for including additional information...Most just put a pick value or something like that.  But you can type whatever in that column.

The concept I was thinking about and I'm not sure how much time it would take to build just yet would be a sheet similar to the League trade block sheet.  Where the copies of the team rosters are copied into this single workbook and additional sheets are added to count the position titles and to collect a generalized need value based on who they have within the rosters.

Or to include a column for GM's to enter this value and it get carried over into a single workbook for all to view.

Too much? / On the right track?

On 1/22/2021 at 12:45 AM, ny92mike said:

You are allowed to make two post june 1st cuts.

Not for restructuring a player.  

The only cells you need to concern yourself with for restructuring a contract is B3 - Selecting the player to restructure, C4 - deciding what the new base salary will be for said player, this amount cannot be less than the vet min for 2021.  And lastly, Cell C21 - Restructure Allotment amount 2021 savings cell C19 cannot be greater than the restructure allotment.  I've tried to color code the cells you can edit by coloring them blue.

Example:

Restructure Contract Sheet

Select Player to Extend
2284 - Sterling Shepard - WR
Enter "New" 2021 Base Salary Amount $990,000
Base salary amount must be between vet min and current base salary amount.
Restructure Data  
Fixed Contract Length 3
Base Salary Converted to Bonus $5,985,000
Proration of Converted Base Salary $1,995,000
2021 Base Gtd Converted to Proration  
Total amount converted to proration $1,995,000
Contract Structured Criteria  
Player Name Validation Pass
Restructure Allotment Pass
Vet. Min Ruling Pass
Valid Restructured Contract
2021 Savings: $3,990,000
2022 Savings: -$1,995,000
Restructure Allotment $8,730,000
2021 Salary Cap $35,249,613
2022 Salary Cap $96,918,231

I went to look for it, but I can't find it in my workbook

14 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I tried working on doing an automated pick using a big board created from a form.  I couldn't ever get it to work right.

Ah... You are just a Doc poser then. lol.   I meant to ask to see if a commish actually used our individually big board to fill out expired OTC.  Squire suggested it is doable but not bother it continually.

I don't want to leave FF thinking I am covered.   BB via PM it is.