2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Just now, FinneasGage said:

you want near VC value for pick #2 without taking future picks. nice. 

It's doable but the team trading up would need to be between 3 and 7 and I just don't see any of them looking to move up that high because they'd need to include their 2nd to get close to DPV.  

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

In real life, when a player is claimed off waivers, it's his contract that is claimed and the new team has to pay the same as his old team. Isn't that how it works in TCMD? Bengals cut Josh Tupou because he's not worth his 2 mil salary but when KC claimed him he seems to only cost 920K. 

If players drop to min salary when placed on waivers, Jax could certainly take advantage of that.

Correct.

Thus my issue with the setup that the highest waiver priority has no risk with the players reverting to vet minimum salary 

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, the Sewell admirer in me checked the chart to see what it would cost to go from 5 to 2. It would literally take all of our picks. 

Chargers going early has actually made it more difficult so master plan could work.

only three players people are going to trade up for IMO, Sewell to get above Chargers of if someone likes one of the two QB’s a lot (Wilson or Fields) to get above Falcons.

you’ve seen my mock so I have Falcons taking Fields but if they don’t and Jets do go for Sewell, Wilson and Fields could drop nicely to 6-10 range with qb needy teams.

I love being wrong on these things

17 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Just a ftr, the more you push the more stubborn I get to the point where I'll pick two minutes before my times up out of spite. No one wants that 

Joking aside, you take your time. Gives me more time to trade Mike Evans or Sean Murphy-Bunting and make my move up the draft board. I can see tomorrow going quick and me missing the boat.