2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

that is the calculation for when you have less than 51 players on the roster/under contract.   Once you are over 51, it is the net of the draft pick relative to the player being replaced in the top 51.   For some teams, after the 3rd round, the draft pick does not count at all.  

GB is only going to add around $2M in rookie pick to the top 51.  So the $660K times 10 picks is about $4M over estimated.    Not a big deal in that I just plan on that as the rollover, but it does affect the amount teams can use in UFA

It's been this way for several years, but either way I'll get it worked out next year.

3 minutes ago, winitall said:

Someone give me some thoughts through 3 picks:

QB Zach Wilson

DT Christian Barmore

OT James Hudson

I like the first 2 picks but have a different preference on available tackles. All three should start though I would think. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, winitall said:

Someone give me some thoughts through 3 picks:

QB Zach Wilson - love it. Easy pick. A.

DT Christian Barmore - need pick? it is a weaker interior class. he's the best DT out there, but imo he's less than what someone like Daron Payne and other Bama DT's have been. nothing wrong with it. Maybe a B/B-. Might not ever be excellent. 

OT James Hudson - i think there are better tackles out there now you could have scooped. C probably. Maybe C+. He'll help your run game though. Possibly good at RT and I'll be wrong. Certainly won't be the first time. 

11 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I like the first 2 picks but have a different preference on available tackles. All three should start though I would think. 

I get that. James Hudson is someone I’m secretly pretty high on but certainly not for everyone. I think he has the athletic profile where he could be great if he reaches it. One of the higher ceiling OL in the draft IMO. 

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Barmore was an interesting one for me. I did really need a DT but I also thought he was roughly BPA. He’s DT #1 for me and so I thought that might be better value than taking the 4th or 5th best player at a different position.