2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

22 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

We really waiting till Monday till the next pick?    I mean I got some caulking to do around the windows this weekend,,,,  but I was really hoping for a reason not to do it.

Listen man, no one here is a caulk Blocker.  That's generally applauded 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm at home with my feet up, so weekends, no weekends it makes me no difference.  When the schedule was being made there was a push for no weekends.  Was just trying to accommodate.

If you guys want to play through the weekends that's fine with me, but we can't change up this weekends schedule on such late notice.

I agree we can't change it Friday night lol, but for next weekend and the weekend after I think it's risky to take so much time off when the picks are late and some won't value them enough to give effort.

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm at home with my feet up, so weekends, no weekends it makes me no difference.  When the schedule was being made there was a push for no weekends.  Was just trying to accommodate.

If you guys want to play through the weekends that's fine with me, but we can't change up this weekends schedule on such late notice.

agreed.  

I think the discussion needs to be looking at how much of a weekend experience TCMD will have.    I think we can structure things to avoid the big pieces on the weekends.

Round 1 UFA on Thursday then break for the weekend and then resume the rounds on Monday/Wednesday/Saturday.  So the first weekend UFA would be round 4.

Similarly, starting the draft early in the week.    say on Monday to get the first 2 full rounds (possibly 3 rounds) in before the weekend where some picks might get skipped due to other commitments.

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I agree we can't change it Friday night lol, but for next weekend and the weekend after I think it's risky to take so much time off when the picks are late and some won't value them enough to give effort.

I agree...Sounds like we might have gotten carried away with trying to avoid weekends.

Would an adjusted schedule for the weekends be better, obviously it would be better than nothing just thinking if we changed it a little bit so it closes at 7 or 8ish vs 10PM.  Just tossing out ideas.

Mike-   Random question..   Is the Signing Bonus portion suppose to be for the full roster,  or just the top 51?

Just wondering,  I tried adding some guys who would be below the Top 51,    but their Signing Bonus totals kept coming out of my cap.

I'm good either way,    just want to know... as we'll have to sit out until the signing bonus's disappear for the rest of FA.

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

Mike-   Random question..   Is the Signing Bonus portion suppose to be for the full roster,  or just the top 51?

Just wondering,  I tried adding some guys who would be below the Top 51,    but their Signing Bonus totals kept coming out of my cap.

I'm good either way,    just want to know... as we'll have to sit out until the signing bonus's disappear for the rest of FA.

All signing bonuses are included, (full roster) it's the base salary that gets dropped after the top 51.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I don't have a problem dropping the signing bonus requirements for this round.  The highest SB is just over 2 million.  I want to say I remember them coming off sooner but I'm good with dropping them.  Unless some others have issues with it.

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

Yes, the signing bonuses should be dropping as well as contract length requirements. Tyler Eifert wanted a 5 year contract!

Some of my backup players are asking for signing bonuses greater than a year's pay when they may not even make the team.

I don't know what gives with that, I remember last year the numbers dropping faster.  This has just been a screwed up mock is all I can say.