2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Was just more suggesting for the weekends. If there is trouble for people where they wanted weekens off i think having bigger slots on the weekend keeps some pace going and give a bit more wiggle room for people.

Ok yep I see your point, good idea. It can be frustrating when people sit on there times in later rounds waiting for trades but that is always going to be the case I guess.

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Was just more suggesting for the weekends. If there is trouble for people where they wanted weekends off i think having bigger slots on the weekend keeps some pace going and give a bit more wiggle room for people.

@squire12 you good with adjusting the weekend draft schedule expanding the time slots from 40 to 80?

Just now, ny92mike said:

@squire12 you good with adjusting the weekend draft schedule expanding the time slots from 40 to 80?

I don't have a big preference with lengthening the time slot.   Some are going to get itchy to pick.

Not sure that an extra 20-40 minutes will make a huge difference.   Either someone will be available during their slot of 40 minutes or they won't.  

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

60 minutes should be plenty, especially if we start later. If it’s just like 6 or 7 picks, people can leave BBs.

I think its either starting later of wider slots. Personally  think wider slots mostly get the same result. Just as Euro guy i think starting the clock later isn't the best thing because it just pushing things to a later time.

Just now, mountainpd said:

Ok yep I see your point, good idea. It can be frustrating when people sit on there times in later rounds waiting for trades but that is always going to be the case I guess.

Yeah wating for a trade and just not being online is the difference there i guess. If you milk the clock waiting for a trade i hate that but simply not being online and checking in when you are supposed to pick you can't realy blame someone.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I think its either starting later of wider slots. Personally  think wider slots mostly get the same result. Just as Euro guy i think starting the clock later isn't the best thing because it just pushing things to a later time.

Yeah wating for a trade and just not being online is the difference there i guess. If you milk the clock waiting for a trade i hate that but simply not being online and checking in when you are supposed to pick you can't realy blame someone.

That's a good point.  I forget how many folks are on a way different timetable.