2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

I realized that rookie bonuses are added to top 51. I hope Top 51 already included rookie bonuses prior to draft because it would wreck team salary during the draft if it didn't.

According to the guideline,  Rookie minimum wage is used to displace lowest salary of current top 51. Without rookie bonuses included, each NFL team's cap room should be at least 8m entering the draft. Depending on what group of picks.   Anything less than 8m may face the cap restriction.  

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

I realized that rookie bonuses are added to top 51. I hope Top 51 already included rookie bonuses prior to draft because it would wreck team salary during the draft if it didn't.

According to the guideline,  Rookie minimum wage is used to displace lowest salary of current top 51. Without rookie bonuses included, each NFL team's cap room should be at least 8m entering the draft. Depending on what group of picks.   Anything less than 8m may face the cap restriction.  

All good...The estimated rookie pool has been included since the start.

• Like 1

I’ll get around to posting a depth chart eventually, but my DL transformation has been pretty solid IMO. I know people didn’t love my value on one of the picks but adding Derek Barnett, Jay Tufele, and Christian Barmore is a good haul. That’s three new starters to go along with Trey Flowers coming back. Given how abysmal that side of the ball was last year, I’ll call it a win. 

• Like 2