2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

46 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Going to make a change with the Dolphins GM.  @FinneasGage I was under the impression you were a dolphins fan because of you forum name.  

Would you mind taking Tampa Bay?  I've got to give the Dolphins to @mountainpd

Sorry about the confusion.

my roommates a fins fan who i was gonna do this with... if you wanna give them to mountain that's fine tho, i don't really wanna do this for tampa tho 

IMPORTANT READ

I'm not sure how I screwed this up so bad with the scheduling but we need to adjust the start date for this mock to after the Super Bowl (Feb. 7th).  I'm looking at a start date on the 8th give or take a day.  Which is a little over 3 weeks away.  

SOLUTION

We run a very basic draft only version.  We randomize the current teams we're assigned to so we aren't showing our hand when we start making draft picks.   

I can make copies of the official rosters, send them out privately.  Turn on editing so that you can get familiar with how to use the workbooks.

This would also be helpful as we'd get a leg up on scouting prospects.

What do you guys think?  I'd need some help keeping the draft board up to date, but that's one of the easier books to update.

Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in.  If not, it's going to be a pretty boring 3 weeks.

@LuckyNumber11 @swoosh @ravens5520 @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @D82 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @dcat @FinneasGage @Uncle Buck @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @Heymangold @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14

14 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

my roommates a fins fan who i was gonna do this with... if you wanna give them to mountain that's fine tho, i don't really wanna do this for tampa tho 

Understand...let me see what I can work out.  Sorry about the mix up.

23 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Did I say I hate this part of the process...haha.  Went back and looked at your other two choices to see if we couldn't work something else out with a different team but both (CIN and JAC) of those are locked in as well.  

Let's put these newly assigned Commissioners to work to resolve this.

@squire12 @BowserBroncos

Could you guys help me out with resolving this issue.

I'd like both of your votes on this matter.  After looking at this in more detail I'm going to vote for @FinneasGage to manage the Dolphins, for the following reasons:

• Even though he isn't a fan of the team, he will be running the franchise with assistance from his roommate, who is a fan.
  • One of the earlier members to sign up.
  • Newbie to this mock that could land the site a new member which is always good.
  • Top 3 choices from both GM's just worked out this way.

Let's see what the other two Commish members have to say about this.  

Again, worst part of being the owner of this mock is assigning GM's

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

IMPORTANT READ

I'm not sure how I screwed this up so bad with the scheduling but we need to adjust the start date for this mock to after the Super Bowl (Feb. 7th).  I'm looking at a start date on the 8th give or take a day.  Which is a little over 3 weeks away.  

SOLUTION

We run a very basic draft only version.  We randomize the current teams we're assigned to so we aren't showing our hand when we start making draft picks.   

I can make copies of the official rosters, send them out privately.  Turn on editing so that you can get familiar with how to use the workbooks.

This would also be helpful as we'd get a leg up on scouting prospects.

What do you guys think?  I'd need some help keeping the draft board up to date, but that's one of the easier books to update.

Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in.  If not, it's going to be a pretty boring 3 weeks.

@LuckyNumber11 @swoosh @ravens5520 @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @D82 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @dcat @FinneasGage @Uncle Buck @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @Heymangold @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14

I don't mind waiting 3 weeks to start and do it in full with free agency and trades.

What we can do to kill off the boredom is open up the league for post trade block, franchise tags, restructuring contracts and non-FA extensions and cuts.....some teams will have to make some work to get cap.

Edited by BowserBroncos

4 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

I don't mind waiting 3 weeks to start and do it in full with free agency and trades.

What we can do to kill off the boredom is open up the league for post trade block, franchise tags, restructuring contracts and non-FA extensions and cuts.....some teams will have to make some work to get cap.

I don't want to open the door for trades this early.  We just end up trading players because we get bored.

What I was suggesting would be separate from the official mock just thought it might help get the new members some early training with the workbooks and allow us to start scouting the draft in preparation for the official one.

12 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I don't want to open the door for trades this early.  We just end up trading players because we get bored.

What I was suggesting would be separate from the official mock just thought it might help get the new members some early training with the workbooks and allow us to start scouting the draft in preparation for the official one.

If everyone is up, why not?

2 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

I think waiting to run the full version is what most would want.

If @ny92mike can create a sample contract bidding workbook that new gm can get access to,, i can run a Google sheets chat session on how to create bids in the workbooks if there is interest in that. 

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Agreed on holding off on allowing trades and other aspects .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

What if it is canceled or moved to April?

Then we cross that bridge when we get  it.  No reason to plan around a hypothetical.  If it's cancelled we're fine with the date after the combine would have been anyhow.  If its rescheduled then we'll have to figure out what the correct path is if it happens 

• Like 1