2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I thought seniors skipped late season for NFL?   Perhaps not all Seniors are draftable anyway.

Some did,   some took advantage of the extra year in college.     Either staying put,  transferring to a bigger school.... or some it's anyone's best guess if it was late season.

2 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Some did,   some took advantage of the extra year in college.     Either staying put,  transferring to a bigger school.... or some it's anyone's best guess if it was late season.

That means a prospect he wants isn't eligible for TCMD.  Simple.

Edited by JetsandI

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

He is taken already?    

Just got snagged.

He and Cam Sample were the two Senior Bowl players that I didn't know of beforehand just jumped off the tape when I watched them.  I was hoping to land both, but I'll settle for one.

I feel like Sample could have been a very high riser if we'd had the combine and he tested well.  Part of his lack of production in college probably stems from him playing DT as much as Edge, but he still should have absolutely dominated that level of competition, and he didn't.

Then in the Senior Bowl, he wins reps against guys like Trey Smith and absolutely blows up in the actual game.  I wish I could get ahold of some Tulane game tape, but this late, he's a worthy grab, so I'm happy with him.  I'd just be happier if Roche didn't go off the board two picks before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

Pretty happy to get Eskridge this late. I have seen some pretty high grades on him. NMD gave him a 1st round grade tho I don't think he will be picked before the 3rd round.

Eskridge could be a development guy that turn into a starter in 2022 since it will probably going to be hard to keep Tim Patrick.

Also Eskridge could be a punt returner right away and share kickoff return duties with Patterson.

If someone needs a returner Diontae Spencer can be had for a late pick or a pick swap.

He was going to be my pick if I had to give Smith back, so thank @JetsandI for being magnanimous 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Oh wait, okay. I am an idiot I suppose then. The DI-AA season goes beyond the draft. So they probably can't be drafted anyway..... I'll just stick to the list. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

David Moore is a good grab too.  I thought he might stay under the radar long enough to get to our fifth rounder.  Oh well.

Yeah at this point it's worth it to grab those under the radar guys... He feels like kevin dotson who went under the radar who the Steelers grabbed in the 4th last year and seems to have a very bright future.

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Oh wait, okay. I am an idiot I suppose then. The DI-AA season goes beyond the draft. So they probably can't be drafted anyway..... I'll just stick to the list. 

If anyone is interested,     I searched multiple ways.       But if I had couldn't figure it out,    I used draftscouts most recent listing.    For example the guy you said, they had him listed for the 2022 NFL Draft on their page.     Realize it's not perfect,  but it's the best I could come up with for the smaller school guys that didn't have much info.

• Like 2

Just now, samsel23 said:

If anyone is interested,     I searched multiple ways.       But if I had couldn't figure it out,    I used draftscouts most recent listing.    For example the guy you said, they had him listed for the 2022 NFL Draft on their page.     Realize it's not perfect,  but it's the best I could come up with for the smaller school guys that didn't have much info.

No, I'm with you now. I didn't think about it hard enough till you said something.  Was thinking these FCS seasons were a lot shorter and they could be drafted. Thanks for your help. 

• Like 2