2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It's one thing if you can beat out Joe Flacco cause Adam gase thinks madden 14 is where it's at.  However if they promote Mike white instead of you, I'm concerned 

To be fair White had a year in the system, Morgan didn't plus no off-season for him. Circumstances weren't ideal.

23 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm not depending on Kyle Trask lol.  If he develops great, if not he's a great locker room guy at backup qb type 

Is Sam Darnold really a bad quarterback?  I'm reading that 8 teams have reached out to the Jets regarding Darnold's availability, wouldn't think that many teams would be showing interest if he sucked.   He's still really young at 23, and given some help he could improve. 

I hate the way the league has gotten with not giving quarterbacks the time or the resources to develop.  Like the Giants, the Jets is just a bad team.  Now I have no idea if the team is as bad as the Giants have been recently by not doing anything to help their young quarterback.  Giants have put everything on the shoulders of their rookie quarterback and the results haven't been good.  

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Yes, I know. KOD asked who drafted and I was just pulling out my big flex that I strong armed T-Rade into taking him haha 

I realized that after I was reading some of the post...just saw that one first and thought, he'll draft that dude and disappear again....haha.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Is Sam Darnold really a bad quarterback?  I'm reading that 8 teams have reached out to the Jets regarding Darnold's availability, wouldn't think that many teams would be showing interest if he sucked.   He's still really young at 23, and given some help he could improve. 

I hate the way the league has gotten with not giving quarterbacks the time or the resources to develop.  Like the Giants, the Jets is just a bad team.  Now I have no idea if the team is as bad as the Giants have been recently by not doing anything to help their young quarterback.  Giants have put everything on the shoulders of their rookie quarterback and the results haven't been good.  

The answer is simply I don't know. You've at least given Jones a couple nice weapons.  Sam hasn't had more than crowder to work with as Perriman was hurting most of last year and previous year wr couldn't catch the clap.  Plus the offensive line sucked. I think he could be quite good. Especially in this type of system which is why I held onto him, gave him much improved blocking and picked up some scheme fit wr/te/RB 

Maybe traask shocks and is really good.  He's my second favorite favorite qb in the class and reminds me a ton of Rivers.  But I'm more old school qb, stay in pocket, throw ball make good decisions, excellent arm guy than run around and make plays guy.  He was the top guy on my board at the time so I took him. How I did every pick really or I would have taken CB and wr much earlier on need purposes

45 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

The answer is simply I don't know. You've at least given Jones a couple nice weapons.  Sam hasn't had more than crowder to work with as Perriman was hurting most of last year and previous year wr couldn't catch the clap.  Plus the offensive line sucked. I think he could be quite good. Especially in this type of system which is why I held onto him, gave him much improved blocking and picked up some scheme fit wr/te/RB 

Maybe traask shocks and is really good.  He's my second favorite favorite qb in the class and reminds me a ton of Rivers.  But I'm more old school qb, stay in pocket, throw ball make good decisions, excellent arm guy than run around and make plays guy.  He was the top guy on my board at the time so I took him. How I did every pick really or I would have taken CB and wr much earlier on need purposes

Wish the Giants would copy what I've done in this mock, the guys I added aren't HOF'ers but definitely better than what Gettleman has done with the team, that I can say with certainty.  

Looking at your depth chart, and you added some talent at receiver in Brown and Reed along with some really good depth at running back. 

Biggest improvement on offense was the O-line which is never a bad thing.  Just buying Darnold a little more time in the pocket and beefing up the run game were solid moves.

It also, looks like you added a lot of talent on the defense as well.  Pretty solid off season imo.