2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Is Sam Darnold really a bad quarterback?  I'm reading that 8 teams have reached out to the Jets regarding Darnold's availability, wouldn't think that many teams would be showing interest if he sucked.   He's still really young at 23, and given some help he could improve. 

I hate the way the league has gotten with not giving quarterbacks the time or the resources to develop.  Like the Giants, the Jets is just a bad team.  Now I have no idea if the team is as bad as the Giants have been recently by not doing anything to help their young quarterback.  Giants have put everything on the shoulders of their rookie quarterback and the results haven't been good.  

Darnold has been trash, his decision making mainly. If he stopped making bad decisions he'd be okay. 

Hearing that the Giants tagged Leonard Williams.  Was pretty certain that this would happen, now that he's tagged the team will work on paying him top 5 salary.  I expect the contract to be in the ballpark of Aaron Donald.    

Edited by ny92mike

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They got reps as the starter/backup, Morgan didn't. He's also not as good as those guys but go off son. 

Again Flacco was out first couple weeks of season, and he couldn't beat out Mike white for backup. Experience or not 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Darnold has been trash, his decision making mainly. If he stopped making bad decisions he'd be okay. 

I haven't watched a single game so I'll take your word.  Just find it hard to believe that so many teams are interested in him if he sucks as bad as you say he does.

13 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I haven't watched a single game so I'll take your word.  Just find it hard to believe that so many teams are interested in him if he sucks as bad as you say he does.

Basically he's gotten hit so much he panics early. When he's calm or on the move he can make outstanding throws but he rushes afraid to get hit.  Not sure if that can be coached out of him IR not at this point 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Basically he's gotten hit so much he panics early. When he's calm or on the move he can make outstanding throws but he rushes afraid to get hit.  Not sure if that can be coached out of him IR not at this point 

Daniel Jones is in the same boat.  I watched him have plenty of time to make a read but he just stands there waiting to get hit..haha.  I'm still holding out hope that he can get better but they never should have started him his rookie year, he wasn't ready would have benefited if he sat out his first year and just let Manning continue to play behind no offensive line while the team added some talent to help the young kid out.

These young kids have got to learn to trust their line and when their line sucks it's hard to do that.  Hopefully, both these NY teams can work on the line, lot of talent in this draft at the offensive line positions.  

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Because the things has issues with are fixable, just dont make bad throws. Coaches tend to believe in themselves and their structure.

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Again Flacco was out first couple weeks of season, and he couldn't beat out Mike white for backup. Experience or not 

Teams dont have competitions for back up QB, its all about who's most prepared to play in the event the starter goes down. Mike White was. 

James Morgan?   Jets had no plan to play him during rookie season and both Joe Douglas and Adam Gase did good job sticking to the plan.  Still, it is unfortunate for Morgan as Jets are holding top pick which is ideal for drafting a qb.  Jets have new regime so Morgan is still in the muddy moat.

In this TCMD, Jets have Darnold, Foles, Trask and Morgan. That is unappealing but Hey, I have Andy Dalton, Blaine Gabbert and Kellen Mond for Saints.