2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

57 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

In the future, I'm going to reduce the time slots for these last two rounds to 20 minutes.

I think that is a good idea. I think there are still enough people online that can take BB for anyone who won’t be about and I for one am less fussed about making my own pick rounds 5-7.

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@samsel23  I was strongly considering Thompson at pick 214.     Would have been fun to scoop your pick again

It’s almost amazing how different our draft would have looked had we been in front of Green Bay.    I still think we had a solid draft, but being behind you definitely was a bummer.  

Looking at your past drafts,   I’m going to just be happy we were on the same page 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

It’s almost amazing how different our draft would have looked had we been in front of Green Bay.    I still think we had a solid draft, but being behind you definitely was a bummer.  

Looking at your past drafts,   I’m going to just be happy we were on the same page 

It was a BPA for the first few rounds.   Then around RD 3-4, became more of a specific skillset at positions that were "needed" for 2021 or more often for 2022.    picking a developmental player that could fill an opening a year out.   Draft and develop process takes time, so looking ahead is a philosophy that matches that IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Tag me when the Eagles are OTC. I’m picking for T-Rade 

Strongly considered Na'quan (to the point I was looking for a gif of him to post)... but when I saw Hines3 hadn't been selected, I had to pull the trigger.... 

Spring Break for y'all soon?

Green Bay TCMD

Coming into this, the following positions were needing some support and assets added:   RB, OL (OT), WR, DL, CB, S, EDGE, ILB

FA acquisitions were heavy at DL, CB.   Grabbed a starting C to replace Linsley and a few other depth pieces that allowed the draft to be approached from a BPA process without having to specifically fill any needs.  

DEPTH CHART

STARTER 22         ERFA RFA
QB Aaron Rodgers Jordan Love Tim Boyle       Randy Ramsey Chandon Sullivan
RB AJ Dillon Matt Breida Jermar Jefferson Patrick Taylor Dexter Williams   Kabion Ento Will Redmond
FB Josiah Deguara John Lovett         Yosh Nijman Raven Greene
WR Davante Adams Marcus Johnson Chris Blair Chris Blair     Allan Lazard Tyler Lancaster
WR MVS EQ Austin Watkins Devin Funchess     Malik Taylor Tim Boyle
WR Allan Lazard Amari Rodgers Malik Taylor         Robert Tonyan
TE Robert Tonyan Marcedes Lewis Jace Sternberger Dominique Dafney Isaac Nauta     Parry Nickerson
LT David Bahktiari Yosh Nijman Ray Wilbom          
LG Elgton Jenkins Simon Stepaniak Sadarius Hutcherson Ben Braden     UFA  
C Brett Jones Chad Hanson       Rd1 Austin Reiter Extension
RG Lucas Patrick John Runyan Zach Johnson       Kevin Johnson Z Smith
RT Billy Turner Rick Wagner Dillon Radunz       Roy Robertson Harris Adams
              Chad Hanson  
  STARTER 24       Rd2 Sheldon Rankins  
LDE Dean Lowry Angelo Blackson Bronson Kaufusi       Angelo Blackson Restructures
NT Kenny Clark John Jenkins         Darqueze Dennard Rodgers
RDE Sheldon Rankins Kingsley Keke Larry Ogunjobi     Rd3 Matt Breida Amos
WLB Preston Smith Rashan Gary Janarius Robinson Randy Ramsey     Brett Jones Turner
LILB Krys Barnes Zaven Collins Oren Burks       Efe Obana  
RILB Christian Kirksey Kamal Martin Ty Summers James Burgess   Rd4 Marcus Johnson DRAFT
SLB Za'Darius Smith Al-Quadin Muhammad Jonathan Garvin       John Jenkins Zaven Collins
LCB Jaire Alexander Trill Williams Kabion Ento       Al-Quadin Muhammad Dillon Radunz
SS Adrian Amos Raven Greene Brandon Watson Innis Gaines     Raven Greene Trill Williams
FS Darnell Savage Tashaun Gipson Josh Jackson Vernon Scott Henry Black Rd5 Tim Boyle Amari Rodgers
RCB Kevin Johnson Ka'dar Hollman Benjamin St Juste       Brandon Watson Jermar Jefferson
Slot CB Darqueze Dennard Chandon Sullivan Stanford Samuels     RD6 Stanford Samuels Benjamin St Juste
            RD7 Larry Ogunjobi Austin Watkins
  STARTER 3         Tashaun Gipson Janarius Robinson
PK Mason Crosby           Marcedes Lewis Sadarius Hutcherson
P JK Scott           James Burgess  
H JK Scott           Dexter Williams  
PR Amari Rodgers Marcus Johnson         Zach Johnson  
KR Amari Rodgers Marcus Johnson         Isaac Nauta  
LS Hunter Bradley              

RB:   added Breida in FA and Jermar Jefferson in the draft.   Makes a nice trio with Dillon. 
OL:  Dillon Radunz as the developmental OT.   Brett Jones as a center which allows Jenkins to stay at OG, but still provides some flexibility if needed.   Bahktiari - Jenkins -  Jones - Turner -  Wagner    Lucas Patrick and Runyan as IOL.   Radunz as OT would be your 8 game day actives as of now.   Depending on the progression of someone like Hanson and Stepaniak, Wagner could be cut or traded late.
TE:  Brought back Tonyan and Lewis.  Return of Deguara should add a bit more versatility to the group as well.
WR:   Probably the position that still needs something.  Added Amari Rodgers in draft and Marcus Johnson in FA.   Neither are huge pieces, but the draft didn't fall where a WR would have been the pick earlier than round 4 and FA WR prices were beyond what GB could afford.   Though I think the 2021 group of Adams, Lazard, MVS, Rodgers is more than adequate.   EQ, Funchess and Johnson will compete for the last 1-2 spots for the 53.   Still have a few later round picks to go that could add another prospect.

DL:  Lots of FA pieces were added.... Sheldon Rankins, Angelo Blackson, John Jenkins, Larry Ogunjobi.  Those players added to Clark and Keke will likely be the rotation for 2021.   Dean Lowry is still on the roster, but is a likely candidate to be cut or traded.
ILB:  Zaven Collins was OTB at pick 29, and was too good of value to bypass.  With Martin, Barnes and Collins, the youth is here for the ILB group.   Kirksey is still on the roster, but will likely be traded or cut as the cost savings will be beneficial for 2022.
EDGE:  added a small piece in Al-Quadin Muhammad.  
CB:  Went after several CB in FA.... Kevin Johnson, Darqueze Dennard along with return of RFA Chandon Sullivan.  Pick Trill Williams in round 3 to add another option for depth.  Should be a competitive group for 2021 and 2022 with Jaire Alexander being the center piece.   
S:  Was able to add Tashaun Gipson for a cheap contract in FA to serve as the 3rd safety.   Will provide injury insurance and versatility in a 3 safety look and a much needed improvement over Redmond.  

Projecting the 53 as of now.

QB:   keep 2 = Boyle is gone.   Keep 3 and Boyle stays and you keep 3 RB
RB:  Keep 4 = competition for 1 spot between Patrick Taylor, Dexter Williams, UDFA
WR:  Keep 6 = Adams, MVS, Lazard, Amari Rodgers are in.   2 spots between EQ, Devin Funchess, Austin Watkins and Marcus Johnson
OL:  Pretty set with Bahktiari, Jenkins, Brett Jones, Lucas Patrick, Billy Turner, Ricky Wagner, Chad Hanson, John Runyan, Dillon Radunz.  Wagner could be cut and opens a spot for 1 of Stepaniak, Nijman, Sadarius Hutcherson

25   STARTER     Bubble spots  
2 QB Aaron Rodgers Jordan Love ????   Tim Boyle
4 RB AJ Dillon Matt Breida Jermar Jefferson ???? Patrick Taylor
1 FB Josiah Deguara       Dexter Williams
6 WR Davante Adams ????   Marcus Johnson EQ
  WR MVS ????   Austin Watkins  
  WR Allan Lazard Amari Rodgers   Devin Funchess  
3 TE Robert Tonyan Marcedes Lewis Jace Sternberger    
9 LT David Bahktiari     Yosh Nijman  
  LG Elgton Jenkins     Simon Stepaniak
Sadarius Hutcherson
  C Brett Jones Chad Hanson      
  RG Lucas Patrick John Runyan   Zach Johnson  
  RT Billy Turner Rick Wagner Dillon Radunz    

Defense
DL:  Keep 6 = Clark, Sheldon Rankins, Larry Ogunjobi, Kinsley Keke, John Jenkins, Angelo Blackson.   Dean Lowry on the outside looking in
ILB:   Keep 4-5 = Zaven Collins, Krys Barnes, Kamal Martin.  Competition for 1-2 spots between Christian Kirksey, Oren Burks, Ty Summers, James Burgess
OLB:  Keep 4-5 =  Z Smith, Gary, P Smith, Al-Quadin Muhammad.   If a 5th is kept, competition between Ramsey, Garvin, Janarius Robinson
CB:  Keep 6 = Alexander, Darqueze Dennard, Kevin Johnson, Chandon Sullivan, Trill Williams.   1 spot between Ka'Dar Hollman, Benjamin St Juste, Kabion Ento and Stanford Samuels
S:  Keep 4 = Amos, Savage, Tashaun Gipson with 1 spot between Raven Greene, Josh Jackson, Vernon Scott and Brandon Watson

25   STARTER        
6 LDE Larry Ogunjobi Angelo Blackson   Dean Lowry - 22  
  NT Kenny Clark John Jenkins      
  RDE Sheldon Rankins Kingsley Keke      
9 WLB Preston Smith Rashan Gary   Randy Ramsey Janarius Robinson
  LILB Krys Barnes ???? ???? Oren Burks Ty Summers
  RILB Zaven Collins Kamal Martin   Christian Kirksey James Burgess
  SLB Za'Darius Smith Al-Quadin Muhammad   Jonathan Garvin  
6 LCB Jaire Alexander Trill Williams   Kabion Ento  
4 SS Adrian Amos ????   Raven Greene Brandon Watson
  FS Darnell Savage Tashaun Gipson   Josh Jackson Vernon Scott
  RCB Kevin Johnson ????   Ka'dar Hollman Benjamin St Juste
  Slot CB Darqueze Dennard Chandon Sullivan   Stanford Samuels  

Likely PS players:  (May be dependent on NFL rules on PS eligibility for 2021)

Benjamin St Juste -CB
Austin Watkins - WR
Janarius Robinson - 34 OLB
Sadarius Hutcherson -  OG
Simon Stepaniak - OG
Patrick Taylor - RB
Zach Johnson - OG
James Burgess - ILB
Jonathan Garvin - 34 OLB
Kabion Ento - CB
Vernon Scott - S
Stanford Samuels - CB
Brandon Watson - S

17 minutes ago, squire12 said:

It was a BPA for the first few rounds.   Then around RD 3-4, became more of a specific skillset at positions that were "needed" for 2021 or more often for 2022.    picking a developmental player that could fill an opening a year out.   Draft and develop process takes time, so looking ahead is a philosophy that matches that IMO.

Makes sense why were targeting the same guys.    I typically use FA to fill holes with a baseline starter.  Not a stud,  but just a guy who want be a detriment..  and draft Is typically BPA and filling holes on the Depth chart 2-3 years out.  

• Like 1