2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Then we cross that bridge when we get  it.  No reason to plan around a hypothetical.  If it's cancelled we're fine with the date after the combine would have been anyhow.  If its rescheduled then we'll have to figure out what the correct path is if it happens 

Just check.    I don't want any real life event making an impact on TCMD's dates.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Under you aren't permitted to trade at all

Tagged Players (prior to tender offer sheet deadline)

Resigned RFA

Please explain those?

Tagged players come with draft pick compensation for their tags. They can be traded once the period to match the new team's offer has expired. Non-exclusive franchise tags come with a draft cost of 2 first round picks irl. But the teams involved can agree to lesser compensation in return for the original team not exercising their right to match the offer. A tendered player who hasn't received an offer from another team can't be traded until the tender period has closed.

Likewise with Restricted Free Agents. If you tender them, they don't get an offer and re-sign with you (which is what happens most of the time), you have to keep them instead of trading them. That's because trading them would indicate a lack of good faith in keeping them off the market. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ny92mike said:

IMPORTANT READ

I'm not sure how I screwed this up so bad with the scheduling but we need to adjust the start date for this mock to after the Super Bowl (Feb. 7th).  I'm looking at a start date on the 8th give or take a day.  Which is a little over 3 weeks away.  

SOLUTION

We run a very basic draft only version.  We randomize the current teams we're assigned to so we aren't showing our hand when we start making draft picks.   

I can make copies of the official rosters, send them out privately.  Turn on editing so that you can get familiar with how to use the workbooks.

This would also be helpful as we'd get a leg up on scouting prospects.

What do you guys think?  I'd need some help keeping the draft board up to date, but that's one of the easier books to update.

Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in.  If not, it's going to be a pretty boring 3 weeks.

@LuckyNumber11 @swoosh @ravens5520 @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @D82 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @dcat @FinneasGage @Uncle Buck @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @Heymangold @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14

I would be very much in favor of that.  I didn't really know what I was getting myself into and I've been starting to worry if I'm up to all the homework that will be required with all the salary cap and numbers and other things.  You have put a ton of work into this thing, Mike, and I just don't want to bungle it all up and let you down.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I don't want to open the door for trades this early.  We just end up trading players because we get bored.

What I was suggesting would be separate from the official mock just thought it might help get the new members some early training with the workbooks and allow us to start scouting the draft in preparation for the official one.

good idea

12 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I would be very much in favor of that.  I didn't really know what I was getting myself into and I've been starting to worry if I'm up to all the homework that will be required with all the salary cap and numbers and other things.  You have put a ton of work into this thing, Mike, and I just don't want to bungle it all up and let you down.

@Uncle Buck

Lots of members will help out.   Just ask questions as you have them.

I plan to do a chat session Q and A in a sample Google workbook before we start.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

@Uncle Buck

Lots of members will help out.   Just ask questions as you have them.

I plan to do a chat session Q and A in a sample Google workbook before we start.

Ok, thanks.  I'll definitely be asking them.  I'm mainly a typical old guy who just watches the games.  I've never played Madden, never done fantasy football, and have done next to no study when it comes to salary cap, players union contract, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Ok, thanks.  I'll definitely be asking them.  I'm mainly a typical old guy who just watches the games.  I've never played Madden, never done fantasy football, and have done next to no study when it comes to salary cap, players union contract, etc. 

I hate percentage crap.   Wish us luck. lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Post a war room in the team's subforum and get input from the other fans.

51 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Under the Draft section, very last line on page 11, Future Draft Picks can't be traded.

I remember a future pick trade last year being pretty controversial.  I would say yeah, no trading future picks is a good idea.  Just makes the grading process too weird.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Under the Draft section, very last line on page 11, Future Draft Picks can't be traded.

giphy.gif

From what i remember its more about trading purely a future pick for something and not getting something tangible like a player or a current year pick.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

giphy.gif

It's one of those things that can make it a little weird, tbh. Some of the trades can get a little unrealistic where people are just trading out all of their future picks and whatnot.