Jump to content

2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion


Recommended Posts

I seem to be in the minority on this but I think future draft picks have value, even if not turned into players in the current mock. IMO they should be available in trade, whether for players or other picks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I seem to be in the minority on this but I think future draft picks have value, even if not turned into players in the current mock. IMO they should be available in trade, whether for players or other picks. 

I tend to agree but seen the loop holes people explore in past. Maybe first and second round from 1 year in future. This way a monster trade up in the first could still be achieved or someone could offer 2 first round picks for a premium player giving up this years and next years.

I don’t agree trades should be policed too much but it tends to be the dodgy deals which are remembered. There was one last year which seemed crazy. I will try and find it

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

I tend to agree but seen the loop holes people explore in past. Maybe first and second round from 1 year in future. This way a monster trade up in the first could still be achieved or someone could offer 2 first round picks for a premium player giving up this years and next years.

I don’t agree trades should be policed too much but it tends to be the dodgy deals which are remembered. There was one last year which seemed crazy. I will try and find it

I hope you find it because I want an example of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I hope you find it because I want an example of that.

I will try. May have been two years ago so I will look shortly
 

I know I have used future picks in trades before but never more than one year in future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I will try. May have been two years ago so I will look shortly
 

I know I have used future picks in trades before but never more than one year in future.

Think you meant this one:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Think you meant this one:

 

Wasn’t the one I was thinking of but can’t see it. I am not losing my marbles though. It’s nice looking at previous efforts some excellent and some shocking deals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cortes02 said:

I don't remember the exact trade either from last year but it was taking advantage of the system and there was a big discussion. 

Peace!!!

I also remember. I can see, if we're all in agreement, letting your 2022 1st and 2nd be available, but that would be it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking for it....   

 

Also I don't care if future picks are used in Pick/Pick trades...   but when you're trading Joe Schmoe for a 5th/6th Round Pick 2-3 years down the road.   That's when this 1 year mock gets dumb.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

I'm looking for it....   

 

Also I don't care if future picks are used in Pick/Pick trades...   but when you're trading Joe Schmoe for a 5th/6th Round Pick 2-3 years down the road.   That's when this 1 year mock gets dumb.

 

I agree with this 💯 

Peace!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I'm looking for it....   

 

Also I don't care if future picks are used in Pick/Pick trades...   but when you're trading Joe Schmoe for a 5th/6th Round Pick 2-3 years down the road.   That's when this 1 year mock gets dumb.

 

I'm thinking one of the teams was the chargers with wwhickok was the GM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ny92mike said:

I'm thinking one of the teams was the chargers with wwhickok was the GM.

That was the Andy Dalton trade above.    There was a worse one a couple years ago,   though I think it may have been another mock (not one of yours).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...