2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

6 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I seem to be in the minority on this but I think future draft picks have value, even if not turned into players in the current mock. IMO they should be available in trade, whether for players or other picks. 

I tend to agree but seen the loop holes people explore in past. Maybe first and second round from 1 year in future. This way a monster trade up in the first could still be achieved or someone could offer 2 first round picks for a premium player giving up this years and next years.

I don’t agree trades should be policed too much but it tends to be the dodgy deals which are remembered. There was one last year which seemed crazy. I will try and find it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mountainpd said:

I tend to agree but seen the loop holes people explore in past. Maybe first and second round from 1 year in future. This way a monster trade up in the first could still be achieved or someone could offer 2 first round picks for a premium player giving up this years and next years.

I don’t agree trades should be policed too much but it tends to be the dodgy deals which are remembered. There was one last year which seemed crazy. I will try and find it

I hope you find it because I want an example of that.

1 minute ago, cortes02 said:

I don't remember the exact trade either from last year but it was taking advantage of the system and there was a big discussion. 

Peace!!!

I also remember. I can see, if we're all in agreement, letting your 2022 1st and 2nd be available, but that would be it. 

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

I'm looking for it....   

Also I don't care if future picks are used in Pick/Pick trades...   but when you're trading Joe Schmoe for a 5th/6th Round Pick 2-3 years down the road.   That's when this 1 year mock gets dumb.

I agree with this 💯 

Peace!!!

12 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I'm looking for it....   

Also I don't care if future picks are used in Pick/Pick trades...   but when you're trading Joe Schmoe for a 5th/6th Round Pick 2-3 years down the road.   That's when this 1 year mock gets dumb.

I'm thinking one of the teams was the chargers with wwhickok was the GM.

Just now, ny92mike said:

I'm thinking one of the teams was the chargers with wwhickok was the GM.

That was the Andy Dalton trade above.    There was a worse one a couple years ago,   though I think it may have been another mock (not one of yours).