2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Alright I've corrected the scheduling.  You can view the schedule in the future in the OP League Office thread, but here it is.  If you see any typos let me know.

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10IM1-ufCqarKVVN6Y92nyVOkGLIgbpRdzSKpoTzhfTY/edit?usp=sharing

Eastern Time Zone

Start Date:  Mon, Feb. 8th @ 12pm (noon)

Transactions that you are allowed to do regardless which phase we are in.

• Waiver Wire- Open for the duration of the mock draft.

• Held in waivers for 48 hrs 

• Restructure/ Standard Extension

• You can post these transactions in the league office at any time, with the exception of tagged (non exclusive/transition) extensions.

• Exclusive Rights tagged players you can start working on player extensions at any time.

• Post these transactions to the League Office one at a time, once the transaction has been updated in the official team rosters, you can remove it from your private workbook.

• Release and Trading of players and/or draft picks.

Phase 1

• Exclusive Rights Free Agent - ERFA Designation Deadline - Wed, Feb. 10th @ 11pm

• Restricted Free Agent - RFA Tender Designation Deadline -  Wed, Feb. 10th @ 11pm

• Franchise/Transition Tag Deadlines -  Wed, Feb. 10th @ 11pm

Phase 2

• Tender Offer Sheet Contract

• Deadline to have offer sheet bids completed - Sat, Feb 13th @ 2pm

• Will Post valid contract offers and tag the GM/coGMs by - Sat, Feb 13th @ 3pm

Round 1 Free Agent Bidding

• Deadline to have contracts created - Monday, Feb. 15th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results - Monday, Feb. 15th @ 11pm

• Note:  1st round announcement may exceed 11pm

Phase 3

Deadline to Match or Decline Option - Tues, Feb 16th @ 11pm.

• GM’s can submit player extensions to non-exclusive/transition tagged players after the Match/Decline deadline.

• Can release RFA tendered players or release/trade tagged players for less value after this deadline.  Trading of tagged players must be approved by Commissioners.

Round 2 Free Agency Bidding (10% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Wed, Feb. 17th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results - Wed, Feb. 17th @ 10pm

Round 3 Free Agency Bidding (20% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Friday, Feb. 19th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Friday, Feb. 19th @ 10pm

Round 4 Free Agency Bidding (30% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Mon, Feb. 22nd @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results - Mon, Feb. 22nd @ 9pm

Round 5 Free Agency Bidding (40% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Wed, Feb. 24th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results – Wed, Feb. 24th @ 9pm

Round 6 Free Agency Bidding (50% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Friday, Feb. 26th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results – Friday, Feb. 26th @ 9pm

Round 7 Free Agency Bidding (60% APY decrease)

IMPORTANT:  The required trigger for Reserve Bids to enter the FA Award process is removed, so any valid contract from the reserve bidding sheet will be included.  So make these are still players that you want to add and adjust any amounts.

• Deadline to have contracts created - Mon, March 1st @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results - Mon, March. 1st @ 9pm

NFL Draft Start Date and Times

LINK TO DRAFT BOARD CONTAINING TIME SLOTS

• Wed, March 3rd @ 10am est.

• 40 MINUTES is allotted for each pick in all 7 rounds.

• Coordinate with your war room, or provide tcmd with a big board if you can not make the pick within the allotted window. 

Round 8 Free Agency Bidding (70% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Wed, March 3rd @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results – Wed, March 3rd @ 9pm

Round 9 Free Agency Bidding (80% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Friday, March 5th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results - Friday, March 5th @ 9pm

Round 10 Free Agency Bidding (90% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Monday,  March 8th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results – Monday,  March 8th @ 9pm

Round 11 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min/1 year contract)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Wed, March 10th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results – Wed, March 10th @ 9pm

Round 12 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min/1 year contract)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Friday, March 12th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results – Friday, March 12th @ 9pm

Phase 4

• UDFA will be available the day after the draft concludes.  It will continue for 3 days.

@LuckyNumber11 @swoosh @ravens5520 @KingOfNewYork @BringinDaPain @Forge @sparky151 @cortes02 @D82 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @pwny @samsel23 @Trojan @carrolljcmc @dcat @FinneasGage @Uncle Buck @DoleINGout @JetsandI @ny92mike @bcb1213 @T-rade @Cbrunn @Justone2 @Heymangold @mountainpd @Daniel @MikeT14

• Like 1

@ny92mike

Apologies... something happened.  Anyway.

Option 2 is to wait until after the tender offer sheet match/decline deadline is expired and you negotiate a trade.

Why will people bother to place an offer on a sheet for a tagged player when they can make a trade for said player after the deadline?

@ny92mike

Future Draft Picks cannot be traded.

Based on what you recently said.  You may need to add this fragment "during the OTC" to that sentence.  If necessary, adding a statement about trading future draft picks is permissible as long as the trade council approves in advance of OTC.

Something like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Why will people bother to place an offer on a sheet for a tagged player when they can make a trade for said player after the deadline?

In the past, I didn't even allow tag n trades but members wanted that option because it does happen rarely but it happens. 

So to limit the amount of tag n trades.  I structured it so that when you tag a player using either the non-exclusive or transition that team must carry the amount of the tag until the offer sheet deadline has expired.  This date occurs after the first round of free agent bidding when every nickel is needed.

This also helps prevent GM's from tagging with the idea of trading the player at a later date.  Most teams don't have the funds to accept massive contracts after the first round of fa bidding so it's a huge risk. 

• Like 1

Just now, JetsandI said:

Based on what you recently said.  You may need to add this fragment "during the OTC" to that sentence.  If necessary, adding a statement about trading future draft picks is permissible as long as the trade council approves in advance of OTC.

Thanks...

I reworded it.  

• Future Draft Picks cannot be traded while on the clock, because these types of trades must be approved first which we might not be available to approve/decline within the 40 minute window.

• Like 2

The guidelines are 12 pages which seems like a ton and some of that is because of the table of contents and rules for signing up.  The other 10 pages is because I get stupid with explaining it all.

If it were only a couple pages deep there would obviously be loopholes within the system and I don't like loopholes...haha.

We've obviously got free time.  I think @squire12 mentioned this earlier so I'm going to add to it.

If my count is right we've got 11 new members this year so I'm thinking we should put on a walk through for how to manage the team workbooks.  So we'll start working on this project.  I think it would be very helpful.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

We've obviously got free time.  I think @squire12 mentioned this earlier so I'm going to add to it.

If my count is right we've got 11 new members this year so I'm thinking we should put on a walk through for how to manage the team workbooks.  So we'll start working on this project.  I think it would be very helpful.

Once we get closer to the start, I can set aside a time in an evening to do a Google chat and walk new ( and veteran) GM through some of the workbooks sheets.

• Like 2

Just created a few more threads pertaining to the mock.  

Draft Board and Inside the Locker

I'll create the Trade Approval one later because I don't want to give you guys the idea I'm accepting trades right now...lol.  

@Counselor would you mind managing the draft board doc when this kicks off?  

@dcat think you could assist him in keeping it updated?

Also looking for one more person to help keep the Waiver Wire workbook updated.  Pretty simple stuff, formulas do all the work basically, really just need a reminder when the time expires to add them to rosters and or free agency.

Pick #3
Tua Tagovailoa
Myles Gaskin
Salvon Ahmed
Preston Williams
Albert Wilson
Jakeem Grant
Allen Hurns
Durham Smythe
Jesse Davis
Michael Deiter
Kyle Van Noy
Jerome Baker
Bobby McCain
Eric Rowe
Clayton Fejedelem

all guys/picks i'd be open to talking about if anyone wants to start talking about some trades. 

52 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Pick #3
Tua Tagovailoa
Myles Gaskin
Salvon Ahmed
Preston Williams
Albert Wilson
Jakeem Grant
Allen Hurns
Durham Smythe
Jesse Davis
Michael Deiter
Kyle Van Noy
Jerome Baker
Bobby McCain
Eric Rowe
Clayton Fejedelem

all guys/picks i'd be open to talking about if anyone wants to start talking about some trades. 

We're 3 weeks from officially starting this mock and you're looking to trade several key players from the roster.  You sure you're roommate is a fan of the Dolphins?