Federal appeals court dismisses Ezekiel Elliott case.

///mcompact

https://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Federal-appeals-court-dismisses-case-in-war-of-Dallas-Cowboys-RB-108413624

Probably for the best since the NFL is going to get their "pound of flesh" one way or another. Might as well serve it this season since Dallas' defense is absolute trash and the O-line is all out of wack.  Unfortunately, this gives Garrett yet another built-in excuse to save him from getting canned. 

They're dismissing Elliott's injunction/case against the NFL that was set to take place in Texas . He'll have to battle it out in NY courts. That won't go well.   

Ultimately, what this means going forward is that the NFL will always win the "first file" battle since they know exactly when the "independent" arbitrator is going to give his decision. 

The good news is, this team is worse than we all thought and wasn't going anywhere.

It's better to serve the 6 games now and get it out of the way instead of waiting until next year.

The worst part in all of this is Zeke is unfairly labeled as a woman beater and now I'll be shamed as a Cowboys fan because I root for the kid.

1 minute ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

The good news is, this team is worse than we all thought and wasn't going anywhere.

It's better to serve the 6 games now and get it out of the way instead of waiting until next year.

The worst part in all of this is Zeke is unfairly labeled as a woman beater and now I'll be shamed as a Cowboys fan because I root for the kid.

Don't sweat it... it was shameful before that.

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

If its dismissed how can he get suspended?

Didn't really follow this process at all. I honestly dont know why this is.

The legal action was to halt the league’s suspension. The case is dismissed. Therefore, there’s nothing currently stopping the league’s suspension from taking effect.

Disappointed, but not surprised.  NFL does not lose these kind of cases often, if ever.  No choice but to deal with it now.  Like I said in the offseason, Dak will have to do more for our offense.  Broncos game aside, he has had a strong year so far and has gotten better each week.  No question losing Zeke is a big blow though, even with him being less than stellar so far.

5 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Should've just taken the suspension and it would've been over by the end of this week. I get challenging the NFL and "he's actually innocent blah blah" but the NFL was always going to win. 

Because he’s being labeled as a woman beater.  It means more for him to clear his name than the team’s success at this point. 

5 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Disappointed, but not surprised.  NFL does not lose these kind of cases often, if ever.  No choice but to deal with it now.  Like I said in the offseason, Dak will have to do more for our offense.  Broncos game aside, he has had a strong year so far and has gotten better each week.  No question losing Zeke is a big blow though, even with him being less than stellar so far.

I thought he looked good but not as great as last year. 

9 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Because he’s being labeled as a woman beater.  It means more for him to clear his name than the team’s success at this point. 

He's not gonna clear his name by fighting the suspension. Anyone who thinks he's a woman beater isn't gonna change their opinion because he gets the NFL suspension overturned.

Obviously he should try and clear his name if he thinks that's best, but I doubt that's the main reason he's doing it.

Zeke will ultimately serve his suspension, like Brady did, imo. But it won't be this season. 

The case was dismissed in Texas because they ruled zeke filed prematurely. 

Since they're on a bye, he still has a week and a half to go to the NY court and seek an injunction. He's pretty likely to get the injunction. When the case is ultimately heard, he'll probably lose because the NFL cba has some really strong language regarding the commissioners authority 

This is interesting timing. On the one hand, he has another week to file an appeal in NY. On the other, based on the timeline of this appeal, if he does file he could wind up missing post-season games if it is thrown out again. (assuming the cowboys make it to the dance, which isnt a given right now)

Archived