Zeke suspension to start

textaz03

Well the simple fact is the Iggles are enjoying the success we had last year and we are taking on their role from last year. The Giants are toast and the no one really knows WHAT Wash is at this point. But with Elliott out for the next 6 games:

SF

Wash

KC

ATL

Phila

SD

We would be VERY fortunate to win two of these putting us at 4-7. Season is over folks. 

In as far as the league itself is concerned. I almost can't put into words how out in left field it has all become.

You don't want to stand for the anthem? Then don't play the anthem. They don't deserve to hear it. They are beneath the symbol it represents. Don't give them the opportunity to disrespect it. Just go play your game, do your stupid endzone celebrations, get your camera time and go the BLANK home.

As for the suspensions, I said this all spring and some thought I was just being "crazy Dave" but here we are. There is NO structure to ANY of this. The league has absolute power to sit ANYONE it deems unfit regardless of what the law says. Case in point. Elliott is only ACCUSED of DV. Joe Mixon is on video  and was prosecuted, I believe for it. Yet I see him on the field every Sunday.

How is this possible? If the NFL is going to take such a hard stance on DV, as it should, then why allow players of DV to even enter the league in the first place???

I call BS!

Then there is the officiating. The bogus PF foul we got last year in the playoff game (too many men in the huddle) that wiped out a 14 yard first down to put us in the RZ. Never heard of that one before. 

Then the PF on Rodgers in last weeks game when we clearly had him in the grasp and he CLEARLY committed Int Grnding.. But no call there because he is Arron Rogers.

What is a catch and what isn't?

The Europe market. What in the hell do we need that for?

It just seems there are so many hands in this pie and so many ways to manipulate the league, non of them consistent with anything other than opinion and prejudice, and the Cowboys seem to be one of the teams on the short end of things for almost a quarter century now.

I really cannot explain WHY I even care enough to watch anymore. The more I do, the less I recognize the sport I grew up with and the tradition it carried with it. The memories with family on Sundays and Holidays. The low's in the early 80's and high's in the 90's. 

It all seems like a lifetime ago and what I am watching is some variation of those times. But DAMN I miss my sport.

The schedule is brutal. Our defense can't stop the run, and has issues rushing the passer in critical situations. I can see a sub .500 record and a subsequently higher than expected draft choice.  The question for me will be if we crash and burn what's the impact on the coaching staff beyond Rod (I think Rod is done)?

15 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Honestly, as of right now with this and with the way we are playing. I wouldn't mind. 

And you know what? I say we go BP mutha freakin A and pick up Saquan Barkley if he's there! BEST AVAILABLE! WHOS WITH ME GUYS??????

Eff' it. Let's send Zeke back home to Cleveland for their #1 and take Barkley. lol

Man, just last year you guys were dry humping your couch on sundays watching Zeke. Now youre ready to give up on him, and the season? You guys are some rabid fans i tell you what.

How many 100 yard games by McFadden or Morris will it take before you start a petition to trade off the player you all drooled over less than a calendar year ago?

On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 11:44 PM, Dallas94Ware said:

Man, just last year you guys were dry humping your couch on sundays watching Zeke. Now youre ready to give up on him, and the season? You guys are some rabid fans i tell you what.

How many 100 yard games by McFadden or Morris will it take before you start a petition to trade off the player you all drooled over less than a calendar year ago?

To me with or without Zeke is the secondary issue.  The primary issue is the state of our defense.  It's terrible.  They will be the reason we crash and burn.  Certainly our D will get more exposed if we are not as effective running the ball, controlling the clock, and keeping our D off the field.  I can't recall a more suspect Cowboys defense.  I do like the youngsters in the secondary.  The front 7 needs an infusion of talent.

Re the 49ers game.  If we lose that one, after a bye week I want heads to roll.

1 hour ago, Northland said:

To me with or without Zeke is the secondary issue.  The primary issue is the state of our defense.  It's terrible.  They will be the reason we crash and burn.  Certainly our D will get more exposed if we are not as effective running the ball, controlling the clock, and keeping our D off the field.  I can't recall a more suspect Cowboys defense.  I do like the youngsters in the secondary.  The front 7 needs an infusion of talent.

Re the 49ers game.  If we lose that one, after a bye week I want heads to roll.

Defense is the issue. Dak has carried this team despite average at best blocking, which is causing both breakdowns of the run game and pass protection, and he is doing it with really inconsistent receiver play.

I think a lot of this team forgot to work over the offseason, believing the season would just be handed to them this year after last year.

But it does indeed boil down to defense. Dak is pulling a lot of weight with the components around him all struggling, and we have been in every game we have lost aside from Denver. The defense is having trouble tackling and lacking consistency in the deep zones. I like the idea of Chido playing safety with Byron, and using Heath and Woods in that Church role. That could help. Hitch and Lee back to full strength could also be a boost. But without interior push vs the run it wont matter all that much.

You guys can clamor for a change at RB, or QB, or HC, whatever. But thats madden video game talk. Our puzzle pieces are great, its the missing pieces providing the holes, not the pieces already in place. Barkley shmarkley. Zeke is a monster, but at some point someone has to move a lineman off the ball to let Zeke get going. 4 pro bowl quality OLs is more than enough and we just need them to step their game up to where it should be. Dez needs to beat one on one coverage again. Beasley needs to find open gaps in zone more quickly again. Witten and Hannah needs to block again.

The real needs are inside on the Dline and at linebacker. And Bowman is coming in for a visit, but hes not going to solve everything on his own no matter how good of a linebacker he is overall. The defense is young, raw, the system requires experience, and our stars need to step up. There is no one finger to point. There is no need to burn a draft pick on the same position we have stars at, or madden-ize the roster with stupid never-happens-in-real-life type of trading. We just need our good players to play good again.

Lee cant miss tackles. Jaylon cannot be out there for 60 snaps. Fredrick Martin and Collins need to figure out whats going wrong on the strong side run blocking. Tyron needs to get his fire back and start punching off the snap again. Dez xant let D's get away with single coverage on him. Byron needs to play like a first round pick in his third year. Scandrick needs to stop playing like a rookie. And Marinelli needs to stop babying this secondary with soft zone coverages and let them turn loose.

I don't want to see Zeke off the team but the suspension is inevitable whether we like it or not.  I just don't see us contending this year for a number of reasons namely our poor defense and brutal schedule.  If things do go south then Zeke needs to take the suspension this year and get it over with.

I will say this.  I'm a worse case scenario thinker.  Take this with a grain of salt.  I don't want this to happen but I think young Mr. Elliott is a few bricks shy of a load intellectually and from a maturity standpoint.  He's going to find it challenging to keep a low profile.  He will get in trouble again.  Next time it will be more than 6 games.

Will he be an ongoing problem child or not?  To what extent does the team need to counsel him?

Archived