Zeke suspension to start

textaz03

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

So, Zeke has been given a least a two week reprieve.  The NFL is trying so hard to turn away fans this year.

This is such a ****-show. He shouldn't even have been suspended in the first place.

Why do I get the feeling the NFL is the only one mad about Zeke's conduct with that woman?  It's not like Ray Rice where they may lose fans for letting him play.  Even female reporters are talking about what it means for the team to have Zeke out and the legality of all of this.  No one is talking about violence of any kind. No one is demonizing Zeke.  If you Google any of this, it's all about the legal proceedings and possible effect on the team. No media even mentions the actual incident anymore. Because no one cares. The NFL has made this a much bigger deal than it ever was. 

I have a hard time buying that. The only reason the league would have to consider any kind of settlement, is if they think Zeke and the NFLPA have their balls in a vice, and are likely going to lose in court, in which case Zeke and the NFLPA would have little to no motive to accept any sort of settlement, if they believe an outright win is likely. 

I don't see how the league can make a settlement on this.  If they do it'll look like they are being soft on domestic violence, and Goodell's getting ready to have his contract extension, so it'll look like Goodell gave Zeke some games back for money.  

Lastly, there are some questions about what if Zeke settles and accepts a shortened suspension? I can tell you that from the outset I was told by sources close to the case that he will not accept even one game and he wants to clear his name. Now there are rumors that there are settlement talks, and I'm hearing from my sources that those rumors are not in the least bit true. Odds are: Zeke plays this season and you can take that to the bank. 

8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

The one thing annoying the F out of me is, he will play..... he will not.... play.... not..... play.... not.... play??? 

Yes well that is the real problem, not only for us but it appears Zeke as well. He certainly does not seem to be running with the same hard charging enthusiasm he displayed last year. I have seen him numerous times this year hit the hole only to be tripped or shoe string tackled. It's like he just gives up where last year he was hurdling guys and running through them.

Just hard to watch this year. 

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Yes well that is the real problem, not only for us but it appears Zeke as well. He certainly does not seem to be running with the same hard charging enthusiasm he displayed last year. I have seen him numerous times this year hit the hole only to be tripped or shoe string tackled. It's like he just gives up where last year he was hurdling guys and running through them.

Just hard to watch this year. 

I mean, imagine what it's like for him. Am I going to play... Not play... Practice... Not practice.. 

In a league that requires constant focus and determination just to maintain average, I can't see how this isn't disadvantageous for him somehow, on the field.

People were saying that he'd be running like a man possessed if he got to play, because of all this heat from the league.

I didn't understand that drawn conclusion. With the actual offense and subject matter being one that typically takes a mans freedom away; this was always so much bigger than football. For him to be cleared of all charges by the Police, during current protests concerning fair treatment, and the NFL to come down on him harder than they have ANYBODY IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL... It's crazy. Literally crazy. 

Why would Zeke be extra motivated to play hard for a league that's working harder than they ever have before to get him out?

They want 6 games from Zeke. They only wanted 4 from Brady. And Zeke isn't a salty vet like Brady, with multiple SB rings who just wants to put this behind him go back to the good ol' NFL.  This is one of Zeke's first experiences with the league.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I mean, imagine what it's like for him. Am I going to play... Not play... Practice... Not practice.. 

In a league that requires constant focus and determination just to maintain average, I can't see how this isn't disadvantageous for him somehow, on the field.

People were saying that he'd be running like a man possessed if he got to play, because of all this heat from the league.

I didn't understand that drawn conclusion. With the actual offense and subject matter being one that typically takes a mans freedom away; this was always so much bigger than football. For him to be cleared of all charges by the Police, during current protests concerning fair treatment, and the NFL to come down on him harder than they have ANYBODY IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL... It's crazy. Literally crazy. 

Why would Zeke be extra motivated to play hard for a league that's working harder than they ever have before to get him out?

They want 6 games from Zeke. They only wanted 4 from Brady. And Zeke isn't a salty vet like Brady, with multiple SB rings who just wants to put this behind him go back to the good ol' NFL.  This is one of Zeke's first experiences with the league.

Well, try this conspiracy theory on for size. The last Cowboys SB win against Pittsburgh was bought. JJ had paid off O'Donnell to throw 2 timely INT's to secure a SB victory so JJ can say, "See, I didn't need Jimmy to win a SB!!"

O'Donnell KNEW he was leaving for the NYJ via FA. What did he care? He leaves with a nice retirement check, JJ gets his"I told you so trophy" and everybody's a winner. 

Except for one thing. The league KNEW what happened, they just couldn't prove it. And after JJ has been sticking it the league by signing deals outside of the shared revenue agreement that was in place back then, not sure if it is now, the league has had enough of JJ.

So, they will stick it to us EVERY single time they get an opportunity so that JJ NEVER sniffs a title again.

Just a conspiracy theory. But it would explain an awful lot of the ish calls we have gotten in big games. The Dez no catch. All the timely penalties that stalled drives for us in the playoffs like the PF 12 men in the huddle ish when there was no huddle.

The bad spot in the loss to Seattle when Witten CLEARLY had the first down and then Romo fumbled the snap for the FG and gets tackled at the 1.

I mean, the list goes on and on. We just NEVER seem to get the break we need. Except for the obvious Detroit Lions no PI call. Perhaps the Dez catch was retribution for that one.

God, I love being the Conspiracy Theorist on here. Maybe not the only one, but the only one with balls big enough to put it in writing.

Archived