Jump to content

Total Control Mock Draft (TCMD)


Recommended Posts

 

 

Welcome to another installment of NFL Total Control GM Mock Draft!  

This is the full version mock containing free agency, trades and draft.

giphy.gif
TCMD WANTS YOU....

If interested in joining please post your 3 team choices from favorite to least favorite.  We’ll do our best to place you with one of these teams.  Preference will be given to those members willing to help manage this mock and if you’re a fan of the team.

Example of sign up post:

Fan of the New York Giants

  1.  New York Giants

  2. Green Bay Packers

  3. New Orleans Saints

For those not familiar with Total Control, what we’ve developed is a GM mock draft using google drive spreadsheets and designed it so that the workload of managing such a task is greatly reduced while still providing its members with a fully comprehensive mock draft experience.  Using thousands of formulas built into these workbooks, allows you to focus more on having fun than scrabbling around searching for information or stressing over if you’ve made the correct calculations for your Top 51 salary cap.  With this mock draft, you’ll be able to build your favorite team utilizing the workbooks to keep track of not only your moves but all 32 teams’ individual transactions.  Total Control GM Mock Draft is designed to operate as close to a real offseason as possible, while maintaining an unbiased and fair approach from start to finish.

The free agency is designed around the concept of blind bidding.  You aren’t limited to which players you can bid on during the free agency, but you are restricted to the number of offers you can make within each round of free agent bidding.  This process allows each team the luxury to bid on any available player within the free agency, regardless of rank or position.  So teams with limited funds are still able to enjoy the mock draft without the need to wait patiently while the top talent is removed from the board.  To keep it fair, the team that offers up the highest amount of money is awarded the player, eliminating the need for “agents” as well as the need to create contract “pitches”.  It's a solid and simple system for a complex process.  

The Draft phase of TCMD was also upgraded, in that rather than you having to keep track of players as they are selected, we track each pick in a timely manner eliminating mistakes of selecting players that have already been drafted.  We’ve also included an easy way for each team to privately build their big board, making it easier to game plan with your fellow teammates if you wish to conduct your business with others in a sub forum ran mock draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

1) Raiders

2) Not in the AFC 

3) Not in the AFC West

Head to the thread linked in the post and sign up in the actual sign up thread (it's in the GM Mock Drafts board). I'm down to run it with you, or I am also willing to switch my preferences to a different team and let you run the Raiders on your own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Trojan said:

Head to the thread linked in the post and sign up in the actual sign up thread (it's in the GM Mock Drafts board). I'm down to run it with you, or I am also willing to switch my preferences to a different team and let you run the Raiders on your own.

I will not have time to run the show but I am definitely interested in helping.  I loved doing one of these a couple years back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 9:52 AM, drfrey13 said:

I will not have time to run the show but I am definitely interested in helping.  I loved doing one of these a couple years back.

He assigned me the Raiders and I'll def hit you up whenever it is close to firing. Not sure if you read the threads but it looks like a target date is roughly the start of February (I assume after SB and before FA? [edit: schedule got posted when I posted that look like it starts February 8th 9am PST/Noon EST). If you haven't done a TCMD mock there is a set Google Docs for each team with lists of players for extensions, trade blocks, free agency bids (if I remember right up to 3 targets per round + 1 resign target) and it's a blind bid and highest number (it's not just dollar value, there is a formula that makes a score) wins the player. I am not sure if you want access to the Google Doc with me, and anyone else that is interested, or if you wanna just plan and strategize in thread/PM and then I'll submit offers to teams and fill in the Google Docs. If you are interested in the full experience (and I'll pick up any slack like we won't miss deadlines or whatever) I'll ask the host to give you access as well, but you'd need to tell him an email address I think for Google Docs permissions. Totally cool to go in thread and PM though if you don't want part in the Google doc side. One thing though is if we talk about FA targets and estimates on how much we want to offer we'd want to do that in PM so other teams don't read and outbid by a tiny amount and cheese us out.

Strategy wise, to get started I plan on trade blocking:
Trent Brown
Tyrell Williams
Lamarcus Joyner
Marcus Mariota

To gage offers and then cut as needed for FA bids.
The iffy tier of shop or not for me includes:
Gabe Jackson
Richie Incognito
Jalen Richard


I dunno if you are on board with the same groups or love one of them and want to keep or whatever or have general asking prices for any of them

Edited by Trojan
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Trojan said:

He assigned me the Raiders and I'll def hit you up whenever it is close to firing. Not sure if you read the threads but it looks like a target date is roughly the start of February (I assume after SB and before FA? [edit: schedule got posted when I posted that look like it starts February 8th 9am PST/Noon EST). If you haven't done a TCMD mock there is a set Google Docs for each team with lists of players for extensions, trade blocks, free agency bids (if I remember right up to 3 targets per round + 1 resign target) and it's a blind bid and highest number (it's not just dollar value, there is a formula that makes a score) wins the player. I am not sure if you want access to the Google Doc with me, and anyone else that is interested, or if you wanna just plan and strategize in thread/PM and then I'll submit offers to teams and fill in the Google Docs. If you are interested in the full experience (and I'll pick up any slack like we won't miss deadlines or whatever) I'll ask the host to give you access as well, but you'd need to tell him an email address I think for Google Docs permissions. Totally cool to go in thread and PM though if you don't want part in the Google doc side. One thing though is if we talk about FA targets and estimates on how much we want to offer we'd want to do that in PM so other teams don't read and outbid by a tiny amount and cheese us out.

Strategy wise, to get started I plan on trade blocking:
Trent Brown
Tyrell Williams
Lamarcus Joyner
Marcus Mariota

To gage offers and then cut as needed for FA bids.
The iffy tier of shop or not for me includes:
Gabe Jackson
Richie Incognito
Jalen Richard


I dunno if you are on board with the same groups or love one of them and want to keep or whatever or have general asking prices for any of them

The one I did was not TCMD but another that was a full offseason.  sounds pretty similar but I will have to read up on the rules.  I would definitely want access to Google docs so I can track stuff.

My thoughts on trades are if a player has value and we are not completely on board with keeping him then we can trade them.  I personally will trade anyone for the right price.  I will PM you later with my thoughts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...