2021 Total Control Mock Draft (TCMD) GB WAR ROOM (Pick 253= Marlon Williams WR Central Florida)

squire12

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Greg Newsome would be my BPA, Tufele and Radunz also great picks. Newsome is so underrated by pundits, he's going to be a 1st rounder.

He is someone that I have not looked at as of yet.  I like the Tufele and Radunz options.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

He is someone that I have not looked at as of yet.  I like the Tufele and Radunz options.

Pop on a few games if you get a chance. That's what we need opposite Alexander. Length, man skills, flexibility. Lots of what we have in King (I'm not one who feels King is a bad player). He only got to play 6 games this year cause the B1G shutdown for most of the year.

Down to 4 guys for me. 

CB Newsome - can he stay healthy ? He does have the length (6'1") that the Packers like.
CB Molden - Like Asante Samuel, he is only 5'10", he is seen as a slot corner, but a good one. He is listed as a S on your board, but played CB at Washington.
IDL Onwuzurike Tough, athletic, good technique, ascending player. Not the tallest guy (6'3", 290).
OT Radunz Could be a good RT for the Packers. He has the skills you need, but not a day 1 starter.

I think of the four I like CB Molden the best of the four. More elite instincts than an elite athlete. Still, any of those I listed fills a need for the Packers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Down to 4 guys for me. 

CB Newsome - can he stay healthy ? He does have the length (6'1") that the Packers like.
CB Molden - Like Asante Samuel, he is only 5'10", he is seen as a slot corner, but a good one. He is listed as a S on your board, but played CB at Washington.
IDL Onwuzurike Tough, athletic, good technique, ascending player. Not the tallest guy (6'3", 290).
OT Radunz Could be a good RT for the Packers. He has the skills you need, but not a day 1 starter.

I think of the four I like CB Molden the best of the four. More elite instincts than an elite athlete. Still, any of those I listed fills a need for the Packers.

Thanks for the thoughts.  I like Molden as well.  Newsome injury history gives me some pause ( see Kevin King). 

Radunz would be able to sit for 2021 with Turner and Wagner still as RT options.  Still feel Jenkins might be able to play RT long term

22 minutes ago, EirePacker said:

I'd probably lean towards CB Eric Stokes then Newsome or Molden.

I like Radunz but we don't need an OT to start this year and hopefully one of the likes of Eichenberg, Brady Christiansen, Spencer Brown, Jackson Carman or Dante Smith are their in the 3rd.

i think with the depth chart as it is, there is not a position that would need someone to come in and start for 2021.   Might be a case of looking at where the 2022 needs would potentially be and filling those a year ahead

Here is a look at the 2022 depth charts.   The numbers after the player indicate the last year of the current contract.   Shaded in light yellow would be Free agents.

Tonyan could be extended yet this year, probably would be the thing to do to lock him up longer and lessen the need for a TE in the MLF system.  

WR is a pretty glaring need for the 2022 season with only Adams being assured of being under contract.  

CB:   Alexander, Johnson, Dennard, Hollman
DL:  Clark, Rankins, Keke, Blackson, Jenkins

2022 depth chart    

STARTER 19    
2 QB Aaron Rodgers -23 Jordan Love -24 Tim Boyle - 22  
3 RB AJ Dillon - 23 Matt Breida - 24   Patrick Taylor
  FB   John Lovett    
6 WR Davante Adams - 25 Marcus Johnson - 22 Chris Blair Chris Blair
  WR MVS EQ    
  WR Allan Lazard Devin Funchess Malik Taylor  
4 TE Robert Tonyan Josiah Deguara -23 Jace Sternberger- 22 Dominique Dafney
9 LT David Bahktiari -24 Yosh Nijman Ray Wilbom  
  LG Elgton Jenkins - 22 Simon Stepaniak- 23 Ben Braden  
  C Brett Jones - 25 Chad Hanson - 22    
  RG Lucas Patrick John Runyan -23    
  RT Billy Turner - 22 Rick Wagner    

STARTER 25    
6 LDE Dean Lowry Angelo Blackson - 24 Bronson Kaufusi  
  NT Kenny Clark -24 John Jenkins - 23    
  RDE Sheldon Rankins - 24 Kingsley Keke - 22    
9 WLB Preston Smith - 22 Rashan Gary - 23 Randy Ramsey  
  LILB Krys Barnes - 22 Zaven Collins - 24 Oren Burks  
  RILB Christian Kirksey Kamal Martin - 23 Ty Summers - 22  
  SLB Za'Darius Smith -25 Al-Quadin Muhammad - 23 Jonathan Garvin - 23  
10 LCB Jaire Alexander - 22 Kabion Ento    
  SS Adrian Amos - 22 Raven Greene - 22 Brandon Watson - 22 Innis Gaines
  FS Darnell Savage - 23 Josh Jackson Vernon Scott - 23 Henry Black
  RCB Kevin Johnson - 25 Ka'dar Hollman - 22    
  Slot CB Darqueze Dennard - 24 Chandon Sullivan Stanford Samuels  

When you get to your third round pick (or later) and are considering CBs, I've been wondering about Tay Gowan 6'2", 185 (UCF). He doesn't appear on some popular boards (can't find him on the Drafttek board and is listed at #204 on thedraftnetwork). It's probably the lack of much tape that hurts him as he sat out this season - PFF (Renner) had him as the 6th best CB, and if he can run stride for stride with Simi Fehoko (Stanford) he has the speed you want.

You may have heard of UCF cornerback Aaron Robinson, who has been in a number of Round 1 mocks and showed out at the Senior Bowl. It was Gowan, though, who was doing the heavy lifting for the Knights on the outside in 2019 before opting out this past year. At 6-foot-2 and 185 pounds, Gowan has likely 4.3-second speed that put clamps on every receiver he faced. He allowed only 20 catches on 50 targets for 274 yards with a 54.9 passer rating against in all of 2019. Unfortunately, we just didn’t get to see what his next step looks like.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive