GDT: Texans vs Browns

UKTexans

Whelp - gotta love the glorified bye week that is the Browns.  Lots to like here.  Gotta give lil Ricky rare kudos for more first round magic with Fuller. Was pretty skeptical last year with the drops and poor route running not to mention the complete dearth of downfield passing in O'Brien's scheme, but it appears this dude hit the books and juggs machine hard and we just had QBs who couldn't or wouldn't throw deep.  Stole Fuller off waivers in fantasy, so I'm all for some WR double bonus on punt returns, but I still wish we'd limit his time back there to at least moderate leverage situations aka - not losing him in a meaningless return vs. the Browns.  Great game to get Chris Thompson some reps back there.

Game already reminds me of late season Madden when all I'm trying to do is hit season benchmarks/bonus points.  Congrats best CB in Texans history, Johnathan Joseph on passing Rick's ole buddy Dunta "burn your money, Falcons" Robinson for franchise int mark.  Remains criminally underrated by Texans fans who still seem to think CB is about hitting people with the ball instead of covering them so they don't get the ball.  In my book, the best CBs have always been the "quiet" ones like JJoe who has always reminded me of Mike Haynes who always had some Lester Hayes type flashy player him getting the hype while he just did his job (probably the best cover corner of all-time w/apologies to Deion).  Was a bit concerned when the dreaded groin injury showed up for JJoe last week as playing thru it a few years ago hurt his reputation, but the Browns make you real healthy.

2 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Game already reminds me of late season Madden when all I'm trying to do is hit season benchmarks/bonus points.  Congrats best CB in Texans history, Johnathan Joseph on passing Rick's ole buddy Dunta "burn your money, Falcons" Robinson for franchise int mark.  Remains criminally underrated by Texans fans who still seem to think CB is about hitting people with the ball instead of covering them so they don't get the ball.  In my book, the best CBs have always been the "quiet" ones like JJoe who has always reminded me of Mike Haynes who always had some Lester Hayes type flashy player him getting the hype while he just did his job (probably the best cover corner of all-time w/apologies to Deion). 

Lets not act like JJo is perfect. He does get beat a fair amount on double moves. He is our best corner and Jackson shouldn't be a starter, but JJo is no shut down corner anymore. 

2 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Lets not act like JJo is perfect. He does get beat a fair amount on double moves. He is our best corner and Jackson shouldn't be a starter, but JJo is no shut down corner anymore. 

Not saying he is, but Josephs "mistakes" have always been magnified because out of his 7 seasons here, we've had maybe 2 decent safeties (Manning/Quin) and even when we get good safety play, they are ALWAYS cheating on Jackson's man or zone.   It's one of the reasons letting Bouye go continues to drive me nuts as last year Jackson was finally where he belonged, exclusively in the slot and as a 33 year old with declining wheels, we can't just leave him on an island in man to man every play.  Kevin Johnson's return after the bye should help when we play teams that actually have NFL WRs (aka not the Browns), but unlike Bouye he doesn't have man coverage ability.  

Archived