Total Control Mock Draft (TCMD)

squire12

I took JOK. Love his fit in the modern nfl and I think he has top notch instincts. Size win always be a concern, but guys like Warner and Leonard showing they can excel

Was a rough spot. I already traded for Trent Brown and mitchell Schwartz at tackle, signed Big Ben and brissett to play qb, DeAndre baker at cb, dj Jones on interior line and kept Allen Robinson. Seriously wasn't sure where to go in the first lol

12 hours ago, Forge said:

I took JOK. Love his fit in the modern nfl and I think he has top notch instincts. Size win always be a concern, but guys like Warner and Leonard showing they can excel

Was a rough spot. I already traded for Trent Brown and mitchell Schwartz at tackle, signed Big Ben and brissett to play qb, DeAndre baker at cb, dj Jones on interior line and kept Allen Robinson. Seriously wasn't sure where to go in the first lol

Haven't spend much if any time on early LB's but from what i hear he could be a nice player. Really interesting spot though with how big the group of guys are that could go end of the 1st.

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Haven't spend much if any time on early LB's but from what i hear he could be a nice player. Really interesting spot though with how big the group of guys are that could go end of the 1st.

His ability in space is tremendous....but those guys who are so undersized are such a risk regardless. I thought about going edge, but I love that depth there, so I let it go. I've seen what having guys like Warner + Kwon / Greenlaw can do. Roquan + JOK becomes pretty interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

His ability in space is tremendous....but those guys who are so undersized are such a risk regardless. I thought about going edge, but I love that depth there, so I let it go. I've seen what having guys like Warner + Kwon / Greenlaw can do. Roquan + JOK becomes pretty interesting. 

Yeah its one of those positions that always go undervalued unless they make splash plays. Yet when you look at the best defenses through the years almost all have great linebackers.

After doing a John Lynch by trading down and still getting the guy i wanted i decided to take a leaf from the Shanahan draft book. Targeting a WR at the bottom of the 1st/early second. Rashod Bateman dropped all the way to 34 so i decided to go for it and traded my second and 68 i acquired for 34 and 86. Basically traded 12, 43 and 102 for 15, 34 and 86. 

Had some serious debating with myself to go for Toney who i really really like but the injury history along with Seamus being a threat to injured at anytime i opted for a guy that can slot in on the other side of Aiyuk and offers something slightly different compared to Aiyuk, Deebo and Jakeem Grant(who i traded for).

Third and fourth round pick have just passed. In the third i ended up at 86 after both trades and hoped Brevin Jordan would fall to that spot. When that didn't happen i decided to just stay put and go with my TE4 in Tommy Tremble. Terrific blocker that has some upside as a receiver.

Then in the fourth with 116 i just picked up Davis Mills. Who needs 1 injury prone QB when you can have two. The on-field talent warrants a day two pick but he hasn't really been able to stay healthy in college. Have been trying to sign a back-up QB for a few rounds now but kept striking out on guys like Fitzpatrick and Bridgewater. Will probably resign Beathard to make a QB-room of Jimmy, CJ, Mills and Johnson(might add a UDFA QB).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

Third and fourth round pick have just passed. In the third i ended up at 86 after both trades and hoped Brevin Jordan would fall to that spot. When that didn't happen i decided to just stay put and go with my TE4 in Tommy Tremble. Terrific blocker that has some upside as a receiver.

Then in the fourth with 116 i just picked up Davis Mills. Who needs 1 injury prone QB when you can have two. The on-field talent warrants a day two pick but he hasn't really been able to stay healthy in college. Have been trying to sign a back-up QB for a few rounds now but kept striking out on guys like Fitzpatrick and Bridgewater. Will probably resign Beathard to make a QB-room of Jimmy, CJ, Mills and Johnson(might add a UDFA QB).

I was going to add Mills with either the current or subsequent pick, I think. I would have been torn with Jordan Smith there. 

And the first defensive player has been added in the draft. Jamar Johnson is a guy that jumped of the screen when watching Justin Fields. Went to watch some more and think he is a great player to add. Might be a bit light on run defense with Ward, Moore, Harmon and Johnson but sure has a ton of coverage ability.

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

And for my final pick i picked up Demetric Felton RB/WR from UCLA. Not in need for a RB really but just seeing someone this versatile in the Shanahan scheme is too good to pass up this late.

I do like Felton for us. Deebo insurance, too. 

To finish it off i signed seven UDFA's. From those seven i think 2 have a serious shot at the 53 in C Drake Jackson(no idea why nobody picked him in the draft) and CB Avery Williams(Maybe the best returner in the draft and just a great ST's player). Other than those i added QB Ian Book, WR Warren Jackson, LB's Antjuan Williams and Anthony Butler and CB's Jason Pinnock, Marlon Character and Brandon Echols to get to 90.

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo, Davis Mills, CJ Beathard, Ian Book, Josh Johnson

RB: Raheem Mostert, Jeff Wilson, Javian Hawkins, Duke Johnson, Jamychael Hasty, Austin Walter

FB: Josh Hokit

WR: Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Rashod Bateman, Jakeem Grant, Demetric Felton, Richie James, Jalen Hurd, Jauan Jennings, Kevin White, Travis Benjamin, Warren Jackson, River Cracraft

TE: George Kittle, Blake Bell, Tommy Tremble, Charlie Woerner, Chase Harrell

O-Line: Trent Williams, Laken Tomlinson, Tyler Shatley, Rashawn Slater, Mike McGlinchey, Colton McKivitz, Daniel Brunskill, Daniel Garland, Drake Jackson, Aaron Stinnie, Shon Coleman, Alex Taylor, Corbin Kaufusi, Isaiah Williams, Dakoda Shepley, Jake Brendel

D-Line: Nick Bosa, Jadeveon Clowney, Arik Armstead, Javon Kinlaw, Kevin Givens, Dennis Gardeck, Shaka Toney, Jonathan Marshall, Jordan Willis, Kentavius Street, Josiah Coatney, Darrion Daniels, Alex Barrett

LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Azeez Al-Shaair, Frankie Luvu, Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles, Mark Nzeocha, Jonas Griffith, Antjuan Williams, Anthony Butler

CB: Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, K'Wuan Williams, TJ Carrie, Brandon Facyson, Avery Williams, Tim Harris, Ken Webster, Jason Pinnock, Brandon Echols, Adonis Alexander, Marlon Character

S: Jimmy Ward, Tarvarius Moore, Duron Harmon, Jamar Johnson, Obi Melinfonwu, Chris Edwards, Jared Mayben

ST: Robbie Gould, Mitch Wishnowsky, Taybor Pepper.

FA resignings: CJ Beathard, Trent Williams, Ben Garland, Jordan Willis, K'Waun Williams, Jason Verrett, Taybor Pepper

FA signings: Duke Johnson, Blake Bell, Aaron Stinnie, Tyler Shatley, Jadeveon Clowney, Dennis Gardeck, Frankie Luvu, TJ Carrie, Brandon Facyson, Duron Harmon

RFA: Jeff WIlson, Emanuel Moseley

ERFA: Austin Walter, River Cracraft, Daniel Brunskill, Ken Webster

Trade: Jakeem Grant

Waiver wire: Alex Taylor

Drafted: 1.15 Rashawn Slater, 2.32 Rashod Bateman, 3.86 Tommy Tremble, 4.116 Davis Mills, 5.155 Javian Hawkins, 5.172 Jamar Johnson, 6.195 Shaka Toney,7.227 Jonathan Marshall, 7.237 Demetric Felton

UDFA: Drake Jackson, Avery Williams, Jason Pinnock, Marlon Character, Antjuan Williams, Ian Book, Warren Jackson, Anthony Butler, Brandon Echols.

Honestly can't tell you how the 53 man will look exactly with some of the battles on the bottom end of the roster.

• Like 1