2021 New York Jets State of the Roster

KingOfNewYork

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

I think if we were able to sign Thuney (so much for that being a lock lol) he would have been cut. I really hope we do a major job of adding more talent on that line this draft. Whoever the QB is going to be will still be on their *** with this current cast of characters.

Jets wont' sign GVR if that happened.🤔

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

In 2019 Lewis was probably our best OLineman. That’s why he got a decent contract last offseason. He didn’t look good last year though. Maybe JD thinks Gase and the system was the issue. Not the player. Who knows.

Yeah he was good in 2019. Not sure what happened but at nearly 7 million it’s just a travesty. Fuller signed a deal worth 9.5 🙄

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

In 2019 Lewis was probably our best OLineman. That’s why he got a decent contract last offseason. He didn’t look good last year though. Maybe JD thinks Gase and the system was the issue. Not the player. Who knows.

So he was both our best Linemen and didn't look good in the same system. 

Maybe he's just inconsistent. 

19 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

So he was both our best Linemen and didn't look good in the same system. 

Maybe he's just inconsistent. 

Listen I’m not a big fan of Lewis. Im just trying to read between the lines. We didn’t go after any OGs really. So I have to think they think what we have at OG isn’t awful. I’m sure they plan on drafting a guy high. But I do think they think the system had something to do with poor OL play. Not so much the players skill sets.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Listen I’m not a big fan of Lewis. Im just trying to read between the lines. We didn’t go after any OGs really. So I have to think they think what we have at OG isn’t awful. I’m sure they plan on drafting a guy high. But I do think they think the system had something to do with poor OL play. Not so much the players skill sets.

What do you think it was about the system? Because if he was good one year in it and not the next it seems more likely that it was something with him. 

On 4/1/2021 at 1:42 PM, Bobby816 said:

It's still a risky proposition if the plan all along was to bring in a raw QB prospect and starting him in Week 1. 

I think we all would have felt more comfortable with more proven O line additions AND a change in systems.

On 4/1/2021 at 1:42 PM, Bobby816 said:

But I do think they think the system had something to do with poor OL play. Not so much the players skill sets.

Also need to take into account that we had FOUR new linemen with a limited offseason. It is it any wonder they started off bad and got a little better as the season wore on. I am not suggesting we don’t need to upgrade, I still want a high draft pick OG and maybe another on day 3 depending on how the draft goes. 

• Like 1

Are any of the following offensive guards worth picking up (i.e. upgrades over Alex Lewis and Greg Van Roten)?

Dennis Kelly - played mostly tackle in Tenn, can play guard

A.Q. Shipley

Demar Dotson

J.R. Sweezy 

D.J. Fluker

Joe Looney

Stefen Wisniewski

Kelechi Osemele

Lane Taylor

Tom Compton

Austin Reiter

Nick Easton