2021 New York Jets State of the Roster

KingOfNewYork

30 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Apologises if this has already been posted. Just a beast of a man. Hope he’s nice and healthy this year. It’s apparent watching in the five mins how many open receivers Sam missed though. 

Also made me think back to draft night and the fun we all had when his name was announced and his Dad nearly crushed him on the sofa!!! 

I will also never understand why there were not more running plays between Becton and the LG. When Ty ran between that gap, lo an behold, a 100 yard performance. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xenajets said:

Apologises if this has already been posted. Just a beast of a man. Hope he’s nice and healthy this year. It’s apparent watching in the five mins how many open receivers Sam missed though. 

Also made me think back to draft night and the fun we all had when his name was announced and his Dad nearly crushed him on the sofa!!! 

YES going to rewatch all of this.  Also going to check out Elf as well.

Dude when he was announced and his dad swallowed him whole I thought that's who we drafted.  I was like who the hell did we just pick!

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

YES going to rewatch all of this.  Also going to check out Elf as well.

Dude when he was announced and his dad swallowed him whole I thought that's who we drafted.  I was like who the hell did we just pick!

Yeah I think we all thought the same thing. Shows what a unit his Dad is the fact a 6’7 366lbs man sat down didn’t even register on my radar and instead we all just focused on Becton Snr! 

7 hours ago, xrade said:

I will also never understand why there were not more running plays between Becton and the LG. When Ty ran between that gap, lo an behold, a 100 yard performance. 

Baldy said it best when he demanded ‘just run behind highway 77’

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xenajets said:

Baldy said it best when he demanded ‘just run behind highway 77’

Watching this makes me wonder how Whirfs was graded the best rookie OT.  Brady releases the ball quicker than Sam and even if Whirfs wasn't giving up pressure, was he dominating guys like Becton though?

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Watching this makes me wonder how Whirfs was graded the best rookie OT.  Brady releases the ball quicker than Sam and even if Whirfs wasn't giving up pressure, was he dominating guys like Becton though?

We hit such a HR with Becton if he can stay healthy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

He graded better because of the offense and the fact Wirfs is a quality player in his own right. If you’d of swapped situations though and Becton was blocking for Brady I’d think he’d of been a pro bowler no doubt. 

Until we turn this franchise and especially offense around then no offensive players will be highly thought of around the league.