2021 New York Jets State of the Roster

KingOfNewYork

31 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

All i can say is thank GOD all you anti RB folks weren't around when this list of players were drafted

Walter Payton, Emmit Smith, Gale Sayers, Earl Campbell, Marcis Allen. OJ Simpson, Jim Brown, Thurman Thomas. Barry Sanders

None of these players would never gotten drafted 

It was a completely different era of football. Most femas wanted to play that smash mouth, ground and pound style. The NFL has moved very far away from that. 

31 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

It was a completely different era of football. Most femas wanted to play that smash mouth, ground and pound style. The NFL has moved very far away from that. 

Even today you have players like Derick Henry, Nick Chubb & McCaffery the only thing that change today is 20 years the rule changes that favor the Offensive. Years ago it was hard to have 350 to 400 yard passing game. . When they did away with the bump & run defensive by D backs that change everything. And if a QB is out of the QB box he can throw the ball away even if there is no receiver in the era year ago that was intentional. TV wanted more high scoring games an the league did change the rules for them, and that is a fact. In our history we drafted running backs early in the first round Matt Snell great player, John Rigges, HOF Freeman Mc Neil another great player, Rodger Vick great blocker not much of a runner BAD PICK & i SAVED THER BEST FOR LAST Blair Thomas a total bust. There will always be a place for smash mouth play what do you Gore was in his prime  also that RB from Seahawks who just retired can't remember his name he is was in the league for years, it took three guy to bring him to the grown.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

All i can say is thank GOD all you anti RB folks weren't around when this list of players were drafted

Walter Payton, Emmit Smith, Gale Sayers, Earl Campbell, Marcis Allen. OJ Simpson, Jim Brown, Thurman Thomas. Barry Sanders

None of these players would never gotten drafted 

Excuse me? Look at the guys you named, exactly what I said, these players were generational talents. Now if your honest how many thousands of RB were drafted in that same period of time. Darn man be realistic. All those guys are HOF players "few and far between"

7 minutes ago, Big T said:

Excuse me? Look at the guys you named, exactly what I said, these players were generational talents. Now if your honest how many thousands of RB were drafted in that same period of time. Darn man be realistic. All those guys are HOF players "few and far between"

Off course but I am only talking about the very best and they are very few  RB in the draft. But a player like Harris is one of the very few

50 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Off course but I am only talking about the very best and they are very few  RB in the draft. But a player like Harris is one of the very few

So was Fournette and Gurley. Granted Gurley’s decline is injury related but that also needs to be taken into account.

Please tell us how you know Harris is going to be the next great one?  He could just as easily be Trent Richardson. 

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

So was Fournette and Gurley. Granted Gurley’s decline is injury related but that also needs to be taken into account.

Please tell us how you know Harris is going to be the next great one?  He could just as easily be Trent Richardson. 

It not only me who is the highest rated RB in the draft? You can only go by the real scouting reports

11 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

It not only me who is the highest rated RB in the draft? You can only go by the real scouting reports

I don’t need scouting reports. I’ve watched him play. He was fantastic on bama. So was the OL, WR, and QB. Typically bama RB’s do OK in the NFL. Jacobs, Henry, Ingram, even Lacy until he ate himself out of the league. I would love to have him. But we have too many more important holes to fill this year. There will be another Harris when it is time to draft a RB high in the draft. There always is. And again, if he is going to be used as part of a RBBC, why spend a high pick on him. Makes no sense.

RB?

Adrian Peterson was last high pick RB that had been with first team for 10 years.  Zeke Elliott is challenging that with his current contract.  There are a several RBs that have solid career but with multiple teams.

Stay clear of RB in 1st always.